• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

The one thing that isn't known is if waivers were involved.

well he has been in less than three years so yes he needed a waiver, right?
I could be outmoded in thinking he needed one, but I saw it in a note on the checklist
"Some applicants may not have evaluations that go back three years due to time in service. If time in service does not support 3 annual/periodic Navy evaluations, applicants are required to submit a Navy Evaluation Waiver request memo to be included in the OCS application"

That's why I asked if he submitted a waiver.

exNavyOffRec

I could be outmoded in thinking he needed one, but I saw it in a note on the checklist
"Some applicants may not have evaluations that go back three years due to time in service. If time in service does not support 3 annual/periodic Navy evaluations, applicants are required to submit a Navy Evaluation Waiver request memo to be included in the OCS application"

I am talking about age, legal, drug and other waivers along those lines.

That's exactly my concern. I have an age waiver and, given the size of this board, am worried I may be dismissed because of it.

there nothing you can do about your age so I wouldn't worry about it, its not like you can get younger for the next board. If age is the reason you think you wont get it, most of the times when people list their stats they leave out anything they think will retract them from selection anyway. You know what is in your package, if you are strong you will be fine.

Do you guys do evaluations every year? I’m prior service from the AF and I only submitted one evaluation because we only do it for E4 and above in the reserves that is. The evaluation covered like 2 and half years I believe. Now you have me worried.

Do you guys do evaluations every year? I’m prior service from the AF and I only submitted one evaluation because we only do it for E4 and above in the reserves that is. The evaluation covered like 2 and half years I believe. Now you have me worried.
We currently do evaluations at a set date for certain ranks. An evaluation can cover a short period of time, however it can not cover more than 15 months. A member can have more than three evaluations in a three year period, depending on where they were stationed, transferred, promotions etc. Me for example, I was selected for Chief in 2018, which required a close out evaluation, I transferred 7 months later and received another eval (transfer eval), I checked in and Chief evals were in 5 months, so I received yet another eval. That's three evals in just one year. The board wants your last three years of evaluations which typically is 3 evals, for myself it would be more, for some it will be at-least 3, its more about the timeframe.

I meant to ask did you look at the OCS checklist? they have quite a few requirements on that list that a lot of people would miss if they don't look at it.

SunP

Everything on the "surface" looks great, except the fact that you have so little time in on AD. As a whole candidate, you are essentially as good as the best candidates that were chosen, however they may have had more experience in leadership even though you are a PO2.

This is only my perspective, I am not a board member nor have a I sat in on a board, one of the members here can chime in and dispel this theory. I don't see anything else, did you put in a waiver for the Evals? Are you an FC? Nuke?

I have an age waiver in. I’m an electricians mate. LPO of E-div with 17 personnel