• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 17AUG20

Anabbie98

Hey guys I finally found my way here from Reddit! So, becuase our packages were submitted in July I thought our results would be posted this week. Boy was I wrong!

Does anyone know when we should hear back (Time Frame)?

GeauxWave

World's okayest paralegal
Currently on day 51 of waiting for IWC board results. So we might be waiting a minute for results on this one to come back as well. The aviation board that convened 8/3 may be a good litmus test to go off of to see how long it might take them to get theirs. However, it's a lot of trying to read tea leaves as far as trying to guess when results will come.

LouisLu

BlueEyesWhiteDragon
My recruiter said the most recent supply board took 4 weeks while usually it should be only 2 weeks for supply.

So considering this, the February board I was on took 16 days for first person to confirm a “Y”, while the November 2019 board took 6 days and the August 2019 board took 10 days. For the February 2020 board after 16 days they already assigned all the OCS dates to those “Y”s. As you all can see assigning OCS dates only took about one week for SWO In feb 2020 because SWOs usually take up the majority of each OCS class.

Considering the effect of the pandemic and the fact that we have a total of 535 applicants, my fair guess is would take an extra 2 weeks for the result to be released. Anytime between week 4 and week 5 will do!

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said the most recent supply board took 4 weeks while usually it should be only 2 weeks for supply.

So considering this, the February board I was on took 16 days for first person to confirm a “Y”, while the November 2019 board took 6 days and the August 2019 board took 10 days. For the February 2020 board after 16 days they already assigned all the OCS dates to those “Y”s. As you all can see assigning OCS dates only took about one week for SWO In feb 2020 because SWOs usually take up the majority of each OCS class.

Considering the effect of the pandemic and the fact that we have a total of 535 applicants, my fair guess is would take an extra 2 weeks for the result to be released. Anytime between week 4 and week 5 will do!
aviation generally puts the most through OCS, then SWO or Nuke depending on the year.

Anabbie98

True, aviation may not be the most selective and the numbers can change from year to year. Still, i don't think they put the most through.

exNavyOffRec

I don't understand how aviation puts the most through OCS when Aviation is the most selective, and OCS is geared towards SWO.

Aviation is not the most selective and OCS is not geared toward SWO, I don't know who told you that but it is not correct. Aviation also has a higher drop rate through the pipeline than SWO does so Aviation needs to put more through OCS to make up for pipeline losses.

OCS is one of the 3 accession sources, the other 2 being NROTC and USNA, the goal is to have equal numbers of each designators coming from each source, the exception is that USNA and NROTC try to limit the number of RL and Staff Duty officers. They have generally been very good at getting those equal numbers.

Anabbie98

Aviation is not the most selective and OCS is not geared toward SWO, I don't know who told you that but it is not correct. Aviation also has a higher drop rate through the pipeline than SWO does so Aviation needs to put more through OCS to make up for pipeline losses.

OCS is one of the 3 accession sources, the other 2 being NROTC and USNA, the goal is to have equal numbers of each designators coming from each source, the exception is that USNA and NROTC try to limit the number of RL and Staff Duty officers. They have generally been very good at getting those equal numbers.

Anabbie98

My fault I meant 'more' selective. The pipeline is rigorous, and I am not hear to argue. You are right.

Again I'm a new member and I am only here to learn more about the process.

exNavyOffRec

My fault I meant 'more' selective. The pipeline is rigorous, and I am not hear to argue. You are right.

Again I'm a new member and I am only here to learn more about the process.

I will clarify, so aviation is more selective in looking at the ASTB, less so on GPA most other designators are more selective while looking at GPA and not so much on OAR. The aviation boards tend to have a greater number of people selected due to more attrition in the pipeline compared to SWO and other designators.

If you look at the hurdles to be a qualified officer in that community the biggest hurdle for aviation is getting through the pipeline, while the other designators (excluding nuke) is getting selected.

So to be fair it really depends on how you look at it.

Chin

I am a prior with 13yrs of service. Back in August 2017 SWO board i was in. Started on a monday and same week by thursday i got a big N on my bupers online selection board status. That only took three days. Lol. Coping with the anxiety of waiting is eating away our souls and then there is still covid. Good luck everyone!