• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

subreservist

I'm 31. was 30 when it was submitted.

The PA you were under at the time of submission cutoff is 31 with commissioning age prior to turning 32. It's splitting hairs, but the argument could be made that you would turn 32 prior to commissioning, especially if you were selected to FY22 OCS class. A December class would have you graduate 13 weeks later and depending on your birthday month, you'd be over 32.

almond_615

The PA you were under at the time of submission cutoff is 31 with commissioning age prior to turning 32. It's splitting hairs, but the argument could be made that you would turn 32 prior to commissioning, especially if you were selected to FY22 OCS class. A December class would have you graduate 13 weeks later and depending on your birthday month, you'd be over 32.

My submission was also an FY21 submission and I would not have needed an age waiver. Also, I was 30 at that time. So in both cases, it was wrongly sent back.

almond_615

I have seen it go 2 different ways, where they immediately apply the PA and where they honor the PA the applicants apply to, of course this doesn't mean they won't be looking to see who fits what they are looking for in the new PA.

The GPA requirement used to be like 2.0 then 2.8 then 2.5 and I think at one point 2.2 but really the lower you go the less chance you have so the number of people that can take advantage of the lower GPA is probably few.

OAR, eh, it often follows GPA so this could be a way of eliminating lower GPA's without having to send them to board.

The one thing I noticed in this and the other new PA's is they are specifically saying commissioned officers from other services are ineligible, in the past they just covered this in OR school but this makes it very clear and will save people time.

I guess the most notable thing to me was that they clearly defined what they consider an exceptional and competitive package.

subreservist

My submission was also an FY21 submission and I would not have needed an age waiver. Also, I was 30 at that time. So in both cases, it was wrongly sent back.

Thought you were attempting February board initially? That was FY 21 and 22 selects. But if you were for prior board, then you're definitely right.

I am always willing to review an application for a person, I had one of the highest selection rates for candidates.

In some cases people just get passed on for no good reason, I had one with a high GPA, excellent LOR's, great GPA that was a "N", the NRD the PM's at NRC were all confused, we resubmitted and next time was a "Y"

Unlike many recruiters out there there would try to make people feel good I would do an honest assessment so if the news was not good they wouldn't be crushed.

There have also been people on here with great professional applications that in PM's on what happened it turned out they had waivers that would negatively affect them.

I just recently submitted my package is there a way I can send it to you so you can review it and let me know what may hold me back or if I have a good shot?

exNavyOffRec

I just recently submitted my package is there a way I can send it to you so you can review it and let me know what may hold me back or if I have a good shot?
put your stats in the spreadsheet and I will take a look, it is only read an educated guess and it would be assuming you have no legal waivers.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
@exNavyOffRec, how does this change affect me? I'll be 33 when I enter OCS and will graduate prior to 34. As far as I know, my OR never submitted an age waiver on my behalf. Does this affect my Pro-Rec?

ahansen

They signed off on the PA after the date for when this board was scheduled to meet, so maybe it will be a reference for future boards
I turn 30 this summer. When I asked my OR if I’d be affected, he said “you were at the board, so you will be okay”. Taking it with a grain of salt but hoping he’s right. And if that’s the case it looks like it’ll be in effect for future boards, not this one.