• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 12APR21

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
So how do you go about requesting a different recruiter? I don't have contact info for anyone else at my recruiting district.
Call the next closest OR and let them know what's up. I did that with Air Force recruiters and had some luck, but im not sure how some of the navy recruiters will feel about it.

subreservist

So how do you go about requesting a different recruiter? I don't have contact info for anyone else at my recruiting district.

If your package is complete and submitted, switching recruiters isn’t going to make a difference.

Based on both the SWO and Pilot threads, there are a lot of applicants that have been rolling into future boards.

A different recruiter isn’t going to be able to move you up. They don’t control the board process.

A different recruiter isn’t going to be able to move you up. They don’t control the board process

Agreed. I was just curious how that worked because I've seen the advice "get a new OR" thrown around quite a bit but wasn't sure if that was even something people did. I don't plan on going that route, mainly because I would think changing ORs within the same district would cause bad blood, if it's possible to do in the first place.

villo0692

Agreed. I was just curious how that worked because I've seen the advice "get a new OR" thrown around quite a bit but wasn't sure if that was even something people did. I don't plan on going that route, mainly because I would think changing ORs within the same district would cause bad blood, if it's possible to do in the first place.
I mean I've heard of people who flat out just take a couple hr drive to another district because they don't like how they are handling things at their recruiting station....matter of fact, that seems to be the way quite a few have managed to get their package pushed and evaluated by the board. For instance, I am in NRC New England....and say if things were not working here and I was really determined to get a second opinion I'd probably drive to NRC Empire State....it'd be annoying yes....but not completely unheard of

subreservist

I mean I've heard of people who flat out just take a couple hr drive to another district because they don't like how they are handling things at their recruiting station....matter of fact, that seems to be the way quite a few have managed to get their package pushed and evaluated by the board. For instance, I am in NRC New England....and say if things were not working here and I was really determined to get a second opinion I'd probably drive to NRC Empire State....it'd be annoying yes....but not completely unheard of

You are making assumptions on the what is “not working”.

It’s true, there may be some OR’s not providing good customer service, but with exception of waivers, everyone’s basic package is the same.

It is a competitive process - even a little thing could differentiate you either positively or negatively, in selection.

Just recognize, everyone cannot and will not be selected to be a Naval Officer and it’s not necessarily anyone’s “fault” if you don’t select in a competitive process.