• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Mel345

Why not just.. apply for a job in law enforcement? Unless you’re going to enlist as an MA, I don’t see the point.
like i said, everyone's different...

maybe I should just stay quiet on here? I just want my pro rec like everyone else, damn ?
Welcome to the navy, amirite?

HSalt

like i said, everyone's different...

maybe I should just stay quiet on here? I just want my pro rec like everyone else, damn ?
If you want to go to OCS, boot camp, or the police academy you should get used to your thought process being questioned.

I can tell you from personal experience that telling an RDC you have a degree will be met with laughter in your face followed by a good smoke session.

I'm just going to keep repeating myself here. if i go in enlisted, I will not make a career out of the navy. I will take my experience and go work for law enforcement.

I was trying to get a job with city police departments, and I kept losing out to people with military experience. I was in a background investigation, which is the last step before they offer you a job in my state. So i said if i dont get this I will serve and come back. Only then did I decide to walk into a recruiter's office. Serving in the navy is a goal, making it a career is only a goal if I get in as an officer.
Did you look into reserves? My husband is in the army reserves and is about to get deployed really soon. He’s job for the army has nothing to do with law, but he wants to be a cop. He just got told by the sheriff when he gets home he has a job with our local department. With the reserves you could get your job after your training, no matter of its OCS or boot camp.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Okay, enjoy your enlisted berthing instead of a stateroom, your sweepers and cleaning stations instead of doing your job at 0730, etc. and don’t say we didn’t warn you when a new PA comes out that precludes you from commissioning due to prior service.

Not to sound like an a-hole or anything..
Some people like to learn the hard way.

Mel345

Did you look into reserves? My husband is in the army reserves and is about to get deployed really soon. He’s job for the army has nothing to do with law, but he wants to be a cop. He just got told by the sheriff when he gets home he has a job with our local department. With the reserves you could get your job after your training, no matter of its OCS or boot camp.
I didn't, I'm young and I want the experiences that come with active. I want to enlist, despite what almost everyone else on here says. Some people go enlisted and love it. I will be happy with whatever option I get. I'm not MA either, I'm IS, which I've been told is a good job to have. If I end up working in law enforcement I might switch to reserve but I'm taking things as they come right now. I'm excited for any possibility.