• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

Jbyrne89

Please dont dime me out lol

haha don’t worry you’re good - I figured mentioning air warriors would look really bad so I told him I was called the first number on google when I searched “navy recruiting hq” and got bounced around to him. He seemed annoyed but was ultimately really nice about it.

Jbyrne89

Did you give him your info? Other people have had their ORs contacted and been bitched out for this. I understand the feeling of wanting the results but none of this was a good idea.

He knows my first name and he asked where I lived and I just said “New England” not sure if that’s enough to find out who I’m working with? If I had known calling would be an issue I wouldn’t have done it haha

prttyphoenix

I am more so concerned with the next board application deadline being less then a month away with no results released. If changes need to be made to become more competitive, applicants not selected will have very limited time to make thoe changes. Only two more boards remain this fiscal year.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
HAHA! I've been creepin on this thread since it was created but my profile just got approved lol. I've been wanting to say...I'm a dual applicant, meaning if I dont get a Y I will be going to bootcamp in march, so I'm thinking they need to tell me before I ship, so I cant imagine it taking weeks...hope this gives people hope that we wont be in the dark forever lol
Don't go to boot camp...that's a long road to commissioning

Mel345

Don't go to boot camp...that's a long road to commissioning
Not to sound bitchy or anything, I definitely appreciate the input from everyone who is AD. But everyone is different. and hey if you don't want me to go to bootcamp just pray for my pro rec ?

macrose555

Not to sound bitchy or anything, I definitely appreciate the input from everyone who is AD. But everyone is different. and hey if you don't want me to go to bootcamp just pray for my pro rec ?
I think what you did was a smart decision. I graduated in December and I am currently waiting on these board results, but I have made the decision as well that if I don't get officer I am going to go enlisted so I don't have to keep waiting around. I think the dual process is a smart route to take. Plenty of people make it from enlisted to officer and you already have your Bachelor's going in. If only these board results could hurry up, that'd be great.

Mel345

I think what you did was a smart decision. I graduated in December and I am currently waiting on these board results, but I have made the decision as well that if I don't get officer I am going to go enlisted so I don't have to keep waiting around. I think the dual process is a smart route to take. Plenty of people make it from enlisted to officer and you already have your Bachelor's going in. If only these board results could hurry up, that'd be great.
another dual applicant?!

HSalt

Not to sound bitchy or anything, I definitely appreciate the input from everyone who is AD. But everyone is different.
Okay, enjoy your enlisted berthing instead of a stateroom, your sweepers and cleaning stations instead of doing your job at 0730, etc. and don’t say we didn’t warn you when a new PA comes out that precludes you from commissioning due to prior service.

Not to sound like an a-hole or anything..

Mel345

Okay, enjoy your enlisted berthing instead of a stateroom, your sweepers and cleaning stations instead of doing your job at 0730, etc. and don’t say we didn’t warn you when a new PA comes out that precludes you from commissioning due to prior service.

Not to sound like an a-hole or anything..
I'm just going to keep repeating myself here. if i go in enlisted, I will not make a career out of the navy. I will take my experience and go work for law enforcement.

I was trying to get a job with city police departments, and I kept losing out to people with military experience. I was in a background investigation, which is the last step before they offer you a job in my state. So i said if i dont get this I will serve and come back. Only then did I decide to walk into a recruiter's office. Serving in the navy is a goal, making it a career is only a goal if I get in as an officer.

HSalt

I'm just going to keep repeating myself here. if i go in enlisted, I will not make a career out of the navy. I will take my experience and go work for law enforcement.
Why not just.. apply for a job in law enforcement? Unless you’re going to enlist as an MA, I don’t see the point.