• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

exNavyOffRec

THATS INSANE. Wow

A good friend of mine applied to the state police in October, he was in the academy in Feb, and out patrolling within a year.

I will say several places that are having a hard time getting new officers are less than ideal places to work, like Portland, Seattle, and I think Kansas City was one as well.

madelinebridge

I'm a little skeptical about receiving an OCS date without knowing if you were Pro Rec-Y by the board. Out of 310 applicants, only 1 have an OCS date?
I'm guessing one of two scenarios has happened:

1. They are in the process of assigning OCS dates and have put them into the computer system before signing off on the list of prorecs. Since they are not done with this process, some people see their dates and some don't.

2. There was an error and my husband didn't get in.

Either could be true ?‍♀️

Tacticalhusky

I’m actually really confused about this whole thing. Bunch of people heard they had OCS dates in SNA/NFO and then today someones recruiter texted him “we just found out that having an OCS date doesn’t mean you’re prorec-y”

I’m at a loss for why someone who wasn’t prorec y would be placed in an OCS class?

really in the weeds over here haha ?
A bunch? It was one guy on the aviation board and one guy here. Out of a combined total of I assume close to 500-600 applicants between the two boards, it's hard to imagine only those two would be so lucky lol

Mel345

A bunch? It was one guy on the aviation board and one guy here. Out of a combined total of I assume close to 500-600 applicants between the two boards, it's hard to imagine only those two would be so lucky lol
Dates for the SNA/NFO board have been trickling in for a while, I've seen quite a few people say they got in

Tacticalhusky

If I remember correctly, somebody verified with Mr. Celestin that SWO was not being given class dates prior to results going out.
Most likely correct. It hasn't happened on any of the SWO boards in the past year. But, things can always change. I know there was a recent board (not SWO) whose dates came out before pro rec's. But who knows? Only NRC knows.

Mel345

That board was also before ours though. Idk if the results will come out at the same time or what. All I know is I've looked at all somewhat recent swo boards and this is taking longer than it has in the past.

PontusPilot

Contributor
that happened last time lol with the October SNA/NFO and November SWO board lol.
Damn that's funny as hell
correct. I believe 3 or 4 people have stated that they have received calls. It is more than one person.
Yeah the SNA board has had at least 5-6 notified no official PRO REC though I think.