• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

AT2Pax

I also just submitted my package. good luck to everyone!

Current Active Duty AT2
BS in Public Service (Military Leadership)
GPA: 3.13
OAR: 45
Interviews: O-5, O-3, O-3, O-3 all 10's, all SWO's
LOR: SEAL Lt. and Marine Corps O-5 (former CO)
Evals: EP, Welcome Aboard MP(lucky), EP
SOQ in for command, parent command, and overall Navy command
CO endorsement and recommendation from O-6.

Jbyrne89

Hey guys! I had posted on a different Feb 2020 SWO message board but this one seems more active.

I think I'm kind of a long shot for SWO - after looking through some older message boards my numbers seem kind of on the lower side.... really hoping it works out!!

GPA: about 3.0 (combined undergrad and law school - law school grades are much higher than the college grades)
OAR: 47
LORs: O6 (Navy - retired), O5 (USMC - laws of armed conflicts professor/thesis supervisor/mentor), O3 (Navy - supervisor in internship), and a Congressman
Experience/other stuff: currently working at a law firm doing insurance litigation, during law school worked for District Attorney in my city, did Navy JAGC internship in law school (during the internship I decided I wanted to go SWO), wrote a thesis on international law/laws of war in law school, volunteer live-in fire fighter for two years in college, played ice hockey for two years in college, played rugby in law school, and held various student government leadership positions in college and law school.

EDIT: No prior service

AT2Pax

Hey guys! I had posted on a different Feb 2020 SWO message board but this one seems more active.

I think I'm kind of a long shot for SWO - after looking through some older message boards my numbers seem kind of on the lower side.... really hoping it works out!!

GPA: about 3.0 (combined undergrad and law school - law school grades are much higher than the college grades)
OAR: 47
LORs: O6 (Navy - retired), O5 (USMC - laws of armed conflicts professor/thesis supervisor/mentor), O3 (Navy - supervisor in internship), and a Congressman
Experience/other stuff: currently working at a law firm doing insurance litigation, during law school worked for District Attorney in my city, did Navy JAGC internship in law school (during the internship I decided I wanted to go SWO), wrote a thesis on international law/laws of war in law school, volunteer live-in fire fighter for two years in college, played ice hockey for two years in college, played rugby in law school, and held various student government leadership positions in college and law school.

EDIT: No prior service
You should be just fine. Dont get over analytical on the numbers. Some guys with really high OAR scores and GPA's dont get picked up, what we dont see is what might be negative in their package. Looking at it, as long as you have a clean package, a degree, and a pulse youll get picked up. (positive thinking)

n0rthstar

Hi, everyone! I'm waiting to see if I will be on this board. I have a pending age waiver in Millington currently. Not sure if I'm able to be on the board so long as the waiver is approved by the convene date or if I can't apply at all until it is.

OAR: 49
UGPA: 3.6
MGPA: 3.7

1812TC

I got confirmation today I was submitted for this board.

Prior: Current AD USMC E7
GPA: BS 3.1
OAR 57
LOR's: O-5 USMC Battalion Commander, O-5 Director USMC, CWO5 USMC

I previously submitted for SNA/NFO but received PROREC N.
I do have a legal waiver for a DUI 7 years ago.

Best of luck to everyone!

PontusPilot

Contributor
My husband just let me know his recruiter confirmed he was submitted for this board, in the knick of time!

Stats:

B.S. Physics, M.A. Physics, GPA 3.66
OAR 69
LOR's: Coworkers and One retired O-5 Army Officer

Like @1812TC, my husband previously submitted for SNA/NFO but received PROREC N.
One waiver that isn't legal or medical.
Dang sounds like he will get picked up, if the wavier is not too crazy.

n0rthstar

My husband just let me know his recruiter confirmed he was submitted for this board, in the knick of time!

Stats:

OAR 69

Like @1812TC, my husband previously submitted for SNA/NFO but received PROREC N.

These are crazy stats for SWO. I can't imagine he doesn't get picked up.

jlee199

Good GPA

Did you actually know any of these people for a length of time (years) or did you smile and nod for 30 minutes
I’ve known the governor for a few years, not too personally but he’s been to my house and stuff and the swcc and 0-6 I’ve known them for awhile

SRiley52

Stats:

OAR 69

Do you have any idea why he didn't get picked up? That is a crazy good stat line to get denied with.

madelinebridge

Most of the time its either a legal or medical waiver that throws a wrench in, but it's neither for him. Crazy
If y'all want details feel free to PM me, as I don't want to spew the details of my husband's life on a public forum. I should probably put that disclaimer on my signature lol.