• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 09 NOV 20

darths

For the run, should I be just trying to run a lot of miles for endurance? Or should i be trying to do it under a certain time?

villo0692

For the run, should I be just trying to run a lot of miles for endurance? Or should i be trying to do it under a certain time?
good friend of mine who runs ultras recommends to run both longer ish runs....3-6 miles at a steady pace to build endurance, as well as interval runs, to build up speed ( half a mile at an easy pace, followed by a quarter mile at a fast but not all out pace, quarter mile jog, quarter fast, and so on until you die)

Csniffen08

For all the AD people still waiting to get final selection dates, What are your workout program looking like to help build up to OCS?

zarevich

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. Not going too hard so that I do not hurt myself and make it worse. Plenty of time to get ready unless they decide to put me in way earlier than requested.

Csniffen08

ya I agree with you, i figured asking for a release date at the end of summer as long as I got plenty of time just to run and do pushups. Everything else no matter how hard you train will still suck at OCS.