• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO BOARD 04 NOV 2019

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
That’s great!! How long long your submission did it take to receive your confirmation?
I submitted in July for the August board thinking I was all good. Turned out I needed to submit a waiver and didn't find out until the day the board convened. Soooo I worked on my waivers and just got word on the 1st. The turn around for them was about a week

CeeJayPA

I didn't make the August board bc I needed a waiver. What was relayed to me is that you must meet the requirements or have an approved waiver before the convene date. So y'all should be fine. My age waiver took a week.
Only a week for a waiver for SWO, right? When did you submit it again? That's pretty cool to hear. Congrats.

caliktk

I got my age waiver approved, still waiting on med. Packet is complete but addressed a statement wrong so I had to redo it. Hopefully it gets cleared. I'm going to check with my recruiter tomorrow if he thinks I will make deadline for November boards or have to wait until January.

CeeJayPA

I got my age waiver approved, still waiting on med. Packet is complete but addressed a statement wrong so I had to redo it. Hopefully it gets cleared. I'm going to check with my recruiter tomorrow if he thinks I will make deadline for November boards or have to wait until January.
I think that's a quick fix. How long did your age waiver take to get approved and when did you submit it?

caliktk

I think that's a quick fix. How long did your age waiver take to get approved and when did you submit it?
I'm not sure how long it actually took. I sent to my recruiter right before he went on leave for 3 weeks. I sent majority of med paperwork to a PO2 that was helping while he was out but had to resend to recruiter when he got back. He called me today and he's been back for 10 days.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
Only a week for a waiver for SWO, right? When did you submit it again? That's pretty cool to hear. Congrats.
I submitted my OAR waiver request with CO endorsement 26 Aug and checked back like a week later it was complete. I submitted my AGE waiver request along with CO endorsement on 19 Sep and got word back on 1 Oct. It was dated for 26 Sep. I stay in contact with them to see if anything else is needed since the PA is kind of vague.
I'm 33 and still needed an age waiver. If any of you fall into that category being older than 32 but not 35 OR over 35 I'd suggest you request the waiver unless you are specifically told you're fine.

caliktk

I submitted my OAR waiver request with CO endorsement 26 Aug and checked back like a week later it was complete. I submitted my AGE waiver request along with CO endorsement on 19 Sep and got word back on 1 Oct. It was dated for 26 Sep. I stay in contact with them to see if anything else is needed since the PA is kind of vague.
I'm 33 and still needed an age waiver. If any of you fall into that category being older than 32 but not 35 OR over 35 I'd suggest you request the waiver unless you are specifically told you're fine.
[/QUO

I sent med paperwork to PO2 in early September 11, sent to recruiter Sept 30. Age waiver was sent to recruiter Sept 3. Whether he submitted before or after leave I don't know. He called me today to say it was approved. I turned 32 last month.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
I sent med paperwork to PO2 in early September 11, sent to recruiter Sept 30. Age waiver was sent to recruiter Sept 3. Whether he submitted before or after leave I don't know. He called me today to say it was approved. I turned 32 last month.
Nice! I'm happy for you!

So now you're just waiting on medical? I needed that one too. My goodness...if mine can get approved I feel like anyone's can. I was medically disqualified a few years back for history of. So thankful for the Senior Chief Shannon Kent Medical Waiver Process.

caliktk

Nice! I'm happy for you!

So now you're just waiting on medical? I needed that one too. My goodness...if mine can get approved I feel like anyone's can. I was medically disqualified a few years back for history of. So thankful for the Senior Chief Shannon Kent Medical Waiver Process.
Yep. No health issues other than some tendonitis in my wrist a few years ago. No issue with it since, hopefully that doesn't sway them to DQ me.

CeeJayPA

My real initial worry was that there was no hope after 35. Obviously the PA is written sort of weak, so it leaves a lot open for debate. Knowing now that they are accepting people even over the age of 35 has me more hopeful again. I just turned 34 last week, so that feels good. If it's a no-go this time with the waiver and timing, hopefully the next the stars align. Good luck to all.

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
My real initial worry was that there was no hope after 35. Obviously the PA is written sort of weak, so it leaves a lot open for debate. Knowing now that they are accepting people even over the age of 35 has me more hopeful again. I just turned 34 last week, so that feels good. If it's a no-go this time with the waiver and timing, hopefully the next the stars align. Good luck to all.
Happy Belated Life Day to you. It will all work out. Claiming it for you!

Putin Actual

Good afternoon All,
I submitted my package October 6th and it cleared medical and will be on the board for November 4th. Good luck to all on the thread and I hope we all get selected.
Stats:
First Class Petty Officer: ABH1(AW/IW)
OAR: 40
GPA: 3.37
Degree: Bachelors in Science
Interviews: O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-5(SWO), and O-4(SWO)
LOR: O-8, and O-5
Program: SWO

Pbeng

Good afternoon All,
I submitted my package October 6th and it cleared medical and will be on the board for November 4th. Good luck to all on the thread and I hope we all get selected.
Stats:
First Class Petty Officer: ABH1(AW/IW)
OAR: 40
GPA: 3.37
Degree: Bachelors in Science
Interviews: O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-6(SWO), O-5(SWO), and O-4(SWO)
LOR: O-8, and O-5
Program: SWO
Almost identical to my stats and I was selected on the June Board. Good Luck. Also, I'm an AB (Small community) message me.