• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

switching to usmc from usn

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm very surprised at the virulently anti-Marine sentiment expressed by some. The Marine Corps is about that warrior ethos--you might not be into that, but guess what? That's why it wasn't for you. The fact that someone else aspires to it is his business.
In my case, it's not an anti-Marine sentiment. It's an anti-everyone wishes they were a Marine sentiment.

Marines should be proud they are Marines. Likewise I'm proud of being Navy and I never had any desire to be a Marine. You think the Marine Corps is the best service, I think the Navy is the best service. We're both right. But statements like "There are Marines and those that wish they were Marines" just beg to be made fun of.

airfrogusmc

In my case, it's not an anti-Marine sentiment. It's an anti-everyone wishes they were a Marine sentiment.

Marines should be proud they are Marines. Likewise I'm proud of being Navy and I never had any desire to be a Marine. You think the Marine Corps is the best service, I think the Navy is the best service. We're both right. But statements like "There are Marines and those that wish they were Marines" just beg to be made fun of.

IT WAS A JOKE:icon_lol: :icon_lol: I knew it would get all you swabbies worked up. It can be so easy sometimes:p

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
IT WAS A JOKE:icon_lol: :icon_lol: I knew it would get all you swabbies worked up. It can be so easy sometimes:p

Right !!! YES !!! AMEN !!!

And I am sure it was taken right out of the "Humor in Uniform" section of the Reader's Digest ... i.e., The Marine Corps Bible???:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

(that's also a little joke :))

*oooops .... sorry .... didn't see the thread closed whilst typing ..... re-opened for 10 minutes for respectful retorts and then closed again *

airfrogusmc

:eek: CLOSED HUH? I thought we were just have'n a little you guys suck were the greatest fun. And whats this about Marines and Readers Digest you guys all know us jarheads can't read. :p :p

All joking aside anyone that serves our country is OK in my book and after all the Marines are part of the Navy. The real mans part:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.