• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching branches before OCS

Oliversk0999

Hello,

I am currently a rising senior in college, and have been accepted to Navy OCS as a swo select. I have started work recently with a Marine infantry officer who explained the Marine Corps and the mission to me and I am considering pursuing a commission to the USMC after college, despite my acceptance to Navy OCS. How should I go about approaching a USMC recruiter, and breaking off my acceptance to navy OCS? Any advice is welcome, I have very little knowledge on the processes/right steps to take.

Thanks

FYI I go to Navy OCS June of 2023

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello,

I am currently a rising senior in college, and have been accepted to Navy OCS as a swo select. I have started work recently with a Marine infantry officer who explained the Marine Corps and the mission to me and I am considering pursuing a commission to the USMC after college, despite my acceptance to Navy OCS. How should I go about approaching a USMC recruiter, and breaking off my acceptance to navy OCS? Any advice is welcome, I have very little knowledge on the processes/right steps to take.

Thanks

FYI I go to Navy OCS June of 2023

If you don’t want to be a SWO, just tell your navy recruiter and apply marine corps.

Realize doing that may impact future Navy OCS / commissioning opportunities

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Apply for the Marines and keep the SWO school date in your pocket. You might not get picked up by the Marines…so don’t burn bridges.