• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swimming at API

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I enlisted in the Navy due to a comfort level with a family friend whom served for number of years, and for timing reasons as well. Hoping that experience in failing will pay dividends if/when I'm able to earn the right to lead Marines and attend flight training as well.
Good luck in your quest for the flight training program. Love seeing our great priors "climbing the ladder" (into the cockpit)!:D
BzB, prior ET2 (SS):cool:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seasickness though is an animal I don't understand.
Spekkio, I think it's an animal you'd understand, if you had served on a stinky, diesel fuel-smelly, pitchy rolley, WWII boat, instead of the USS MIAMI, the QE II of submarines. The only times I ever suffered the seasickness disease, lol!;)

*My boat USS Cavalla (SSK-244) - 1955
Cavalla 1955.gif
BzB:cool:

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I enlisted in the Navy due to a comfort level with a family friend whom served for number of years, and for timing reasons as well. Hoping that experience in failing will pay dividends if/when I'm able to earn the right to lead Marines and attend flight training as well.

FYI - jumping off the platform and swimming underwater for a chunk of the pool is (or at least was) part of the initial WS1 swim requirement for flight school bound 2ndLts.

Renegade One

None
They started every endurance practice and our mile swim with the Harlem Shake by Baauer. "Dammmmmmitttttttt, play something else" underwater sounds a lot like ajntejntjanlkjd;jeoteojrpojetiet. During our mile swim, they played nothing but Metallica after the usual flogging of Harlem Shake. As a rehabilitating Metallica hater (now it is just mild dislike), I was hoping they would go back to the local country station or the 2Chainz Pandora.
Wait…you guys/gals have music in the pool these days? I weep for the future…but I can assume everyone carries their own water-proof IPod for that midnight ejection/ditching, yes? ;)

Jerry Curl

FYI - jumping off the platform and swimming underwater for a chunk of the pool is (or at least was) part of the initial WS1 swim requirement for flight school bound 2ndLts.

Thanks for the heads up, Sir. I am taking lessons in an effort to suck less in the water.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Wait…you guys/gals have music in the pool these days? I weep for the future…but I can assume everyone carries their own water-proof IPod for that midnight ejection/ditching, yes? ;)

Lifeproof cases are awesome inventions ;)

Sonog

pilot
I remember zig-zagging all across the pool and barely passing the OCS swim qual. So in a-pool I went swimming maybe a dozen times before I classed up. The instructors taught us the required techniques, I listened to what they said, and I swam the mile in 78 minutes.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Though to be fair I don't fly without my wallet and phone. I'll get a new one if I have to eject out in the whiskey areas; but I'd rather have a decent way to get in touch in with someone and pay for lunch in the more likely case that I'd have to divert somewhere.