• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sweat-Ex at API to Sushi across the USA

phrogpilot73

I ordered shrimp from Joe Pattis that was caught mere hours before it was frozen and shipped to me - my wife and I didn't get sick. It still tasted like those wonderful gulf coast shrimp I love as well... Still have another pound in the freezer! :D

Did the 25 cent oysters used to be on Mondays? I seem to remember going there on Monday during ASO school...

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I ordered shrimp from Joe Pattis that was caught mere hours before it was frozen and shipped to me - my wife and I didn't get sick. It still tasted like those wonderful gulf coast shrimp I love as well... Still have another pound in the freezer! :D

Did the 25 cent oysters used to be on Mondays? I seem to remember going there on Monday during ASO school...

I ordered 3 pounds of shrimp from Joe Patti's about a month ago during a visit. I had JP's steam them for us while we looked around. They were as good as I've ever eaten. Perfectly cooked too. JP's had their usual fantastic selection of fish on ice at normal prices.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I ordered 3 pounds of shrimp from Joe Patti's about a month ago during a visit. I had JP's steam them for us while we looked around. They were as good as I've ever eaten. Perfectly cooked too. JP's had their usual fantastic selection of fish on ice at normal prices.

I concur, Joe Patti's seafood is some of the best I've had. Not only shrimp, but I've had great fish (mahi, flounder, halibut, tuna) come from JP's as well.

Phrog- It may have been on Mondays. I haven't been since July, and they aren't advertising oyster night anymore on their website...

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Agreed, that is pretty damn good, though I got kind of burned out on sushi in Meridian. And no, I'm not kidding :)

That was the one convenient thing about Meridian, they served really good Sushi at the O-Club...

(I say that even though I leave in 2 days, but mentally I'm already gone)

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Ok so wait, i know Pcola is deprived but where are the decent sushi places?

Publix sushi is not sushi....thats all i've been able to find.

phrogpilot73

I concur, Joe Patti's seafood is some of the best I've had. Not only shrimp, but I've had great fish (mahi, flounder, halibut, tuna) come from JP's as well.
I agree - I ordered shrimp, grouper, amberjack, monkfish, and oysters. I've already cooked up the oysters and half the shrimp. I love that they deliver!

You should spend a little time on Yelp - it hasn't let me down yet. Here's the sushi places they list (along with reviews): http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=sushi&ns=1&find_loc=Pensacola,+FL#!

The only place on that list that I've eaten is Dharma Blue - it's pretty good. Is Hot Rock not open anymore?

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.

There is a place called Yamato on Navy Blvd a couple of miles North of the front gate where I got sushi while I was there.

Michigan sucks.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
There is a place called Yamato on Navy Blvd a couple of miles North of the front gate where I got sushi while I was there.

Michigan sucks.

They charged me $15 for broccoli beef takeout. Not even close to worth it, but they were the only place open on Sunday near base. Green Garden (I think? Garden something?) on Navy across from the Walmart had serviceable takeout Chinese...

Wow, sounds like the news media has really gotten out of hand....

I wonder why they don't report stuff like that here... My next door neighbor is a shrimp boat captain. (Or maybe it's commodore, he owns a few) He says the fish aren't stupid, when their normal habitat became oily they got the F outta dodge and went elsewhere. The dumb ones stayed behind. He likens it to Katrina.

Looks like I screwed the pooch trying to be sarcastic. Forgot at the time that I posted it that the tone of voice in my head doesn't translate well through the tubes of the internets.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Darma Blue was good, though whenever I went there I normally got the filet of beef cause it was so damn good, with maybe a side order of nigiri tuna. About damn time D_Rob, sucks that you had to spend another summer in the south though!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meridian has an O-club again? And sushi? You kids are spoiled . . . now get off my lawn. :)

We're going sushi hunting mofo. I've got the rest of the week off. Also I'm making AW our main source of communication from now on.