• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sweat-Ex at API to Sushi across the USA

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Yeah, stateside sushi is on an entirely different level. Pcola had some decent places (Ichiban was my favorite when I was there), but my frame of reference was forever shifted once I showed up in Japan (go figure).

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Teriyaki Cafe (Davis & Olive) http://www.teriyakicafe.net/ ........Best Sushi in Pcola, hands down. Trumps Dharma blue, Ichiban, Yamato, Fuji, Sake and Horizen. If your in Pcola, try it.....You'll be a believer. The only problem....they don't serve booze :icon_rage If you like Sushi buffets, Nippon (by the mall) has good sushi for a great price. $12 lunch, $16 dinner.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of sushi in Japan, Yoshihachi Sushi in Okinawa was way good to go.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Yeah so Fishhouse Sushi the other night gets a 35 NSS. Which means if I had nothing to compare it to, it would be passing. But Sushi Nami in Key Largo got a 70 nss, selected Jets and graduated from TPS last month.

No restaurant in the upper Keys can compare to the Fish House. Anyone can serve fresh fish, as long as you aren't in the desert. It's all about the rice and what old Japanese lady is making it. Japan actual Sushi isn't all that either. I like the Americanized version. Less weird creature parts.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
No restaurant in the upper Keys can compare to the Fish House. Anyone can serve fresh fish, as long as you aren't in the desert. It's all about the rice and what old Japanese lady is making it. Japan actual Sushi isn't all that either. I like the Americanized version. Less weird creature parts.

Bah, it's not fun until you have whale that was purchased that very morning.

I've had the fish out of the tank, that tries to get air as I eat him up. They just eat some weird shit over there, and I'm pretty open minded.

Hah, I've had that before. The friend who brought me to the place would dip his cuts of fish into sauce, and then try and feed it to the still dying fish. He was a bit of a character. Then they took the head and bones a deep friend them. Went well with beer.

I don't like pickles, thus I would argue that pickles don't go well with beer. Unless of course I've had a lot of beer already by that point....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Fried pickles are legit. The Sushi is okay here in Corpus... Midori, Sushi Bar, Takeniwa (more Hibachi but decent Sushi selection), Zen Sushi is good here..but I think it may be out of business.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I was a fan of Ichiban up on Davis, had a giant ass group of people I went with there weekly. It's a little pricey, but they have a ridiculously large menu, so you'll never get bored.

This place is the shiat... I spent lots of money there..... 80 NSS to this place IAWMO.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Sushi Bar was good, but waaaaay overpriced and trying too hard IMHO........CC is not socal. That being said, it was a 5 min drunken walk from my house so I spent my share of $$$ there.

punx_clever

Yeah, sushi bar is right up the road from me. I've had damn good luck just asking the guys behind the counter to make something good. Decently sized, not overpriced. Looking at their menu though... yeah, 14-15 dollar rolls... eh no thanks.