• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supreme Court to review Stolen Valor Act

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
How much does an ICM get you? Oh, nothing? Got it. If only I'd gotten that GWOT-E!

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
I am still Timmy Martins upgraded to Captain at Commutair and holds an ATP, which stipulates that you, "must be of good moral character". I am going to have to corner an FAA air carrier inspector and ask him what the interpretation of that means??? He is and always will be a dirtbag in my book, and if I could boot him out of my jumpseat without it reflecting upon me (and it would) I would leave a shoe print in his backside. Impersonating an officer is a federal crime, and this guy got away with it....

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Okay guys, got a request from back home. Friend was at Mt. Erie yesterday with her 5 kids, this guy apparently gets too friendly and asks “do you want a picture with a war hero”?

Picture attached here...

My spidey senses are off the chart...AC wings above Dolphins (both gold), ribbons have a strange star setup (I didn’t even really look at precedence) and a full career without a single Battle E.

Biggest thing that stood out was a Mustang being friendly. No way that guy is real.

Told wife to pass to cops, regardless, and was looking for confirmation of my suspicions here.

Pickle
C98A3EC2-3659-4FA2-8FC7-F42A54596CB8.png

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Nametag looks about 3/16" ±1/64" above his starboard pocket. Regulation is 1/4" for Navy, 1/8" for Marines. Everybody knows that.

Sorry, Pickle ;)

But yeah, I agree the dude is a poseur. I bet he probably has some time in but he went shopping at the exchange and gave himself a lot of that bling all on his own.

brownshoe

Contributor
Nametag looks about 3/16" ±1/64" above his starboard pocket. Regulation is 1/4" for Navy, 1/8" for Marines. Everybody knows that.

Sorry, Pickle ;)

But yeah, I agree the dude is a poseur. I bet he probably has some time in but he went shopping at the exchange and gave himself a lot of that bling all on his own.

Just like our Storekeeper buddy Skeeterman.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay guys, got a request from back home. Friend was at Mt. Erie yesterday with her 5 kids, this guy apparently gets too friendly and asks “do you want a picture with a war hero”?

Picture attached here...

My spidey senses are off the chart...AC wings above Dolphins (both gold), ribbons have a strange star setup (I didn’t even really look at precedence) and a full career without a single Battle E.

Biggest thing that stood out was a Mustang being friendly. No way that guy is real.

Told wife to pass to cops, regardless, and was looking for confirmation of my suspicions here.

Pickle
Sorry to bust your bubble, but he's legit. He's in NMCI. The pin on the bottom is a Information Dominator pin (IDWC) NOT Dolphins. According to NMCI, he's the AOIC at NIOC Whidbey (CWO4).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like an EP-3 type, we flew with a 7th O who ran the folks in the back and a few were CWO’s or LDO’s, generally a lot better than the JO’s who flew the mission. It would explain the Naval Observer wings, Air Medals and the Intel insignia on his left collar.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I guess this could be moved from “Stolen Valor” to “Creepy LDO” thread...
Thanks for the backup guys, was really early when I was fielding texts from home...