• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board May 21 2018

GirlChop

First time I've ever posted, but I've been on here for a while looking around and getting an idea on the application process.

I was selected for this board and am well on my way to being a full-fledged Chop! Got the call today.

For statistic's sake, here are my stats:
  • OAR: 52
  • GPA: 4.0 (actual Summa Cum Laude 2017 graduate)
  • Degree: BA Technical Writing (procedures, reports, analyses, etc.)
  • College: Indiana University
  • Interviews/Officer LOR: 1 (O-4)
  • Professional LORs: 7 (5 from current work [1 retired sub master chief, 1 sub electrician, 1 surface aviation technician, 1 retired sub commander, 1 co-worker who's worked in power generation for 30+ years]; 2 former professors)
  • Current Work (2015-present): Managing $10-million of inventory at a power generating plant for Oregon's largest private electric utility - Formal Title is "Warehouse Manager"

Motivational Statement:
I am destined to become a Commissioned Officer in the United States Navy. The wisdom and sense of duty by proud sailors have been woven into me with candid spirit. I work alongside 10 Navy veterans at a power generating plant that employs only 25 people. These men are role models, father figures, and comrades. They foster in me an admiration for their time spent and sacrifices made while they were service members in the United States Navy. That admiration has transcended to unreserved motivation. I have been tailored to be an accomplished Supply Officer. I have a reverence for the Navy due to being fastened into a post-Navy work culture. I have the practical work experience to support the Navy as a Supply Officer. My aspiration is to someday sew a piece of myself to our homeland in the same fashion as the men who inspire me. These men – and all other sailors – drape over our homeland and sew together our America. Their threads are the same color. It is the color of the United States Navy.

The men I work with emit a canny patriotism, for what is patriotism but a love for the little things that make up a whole of a homeland? The little things include one Navy veteran recalling the entire history of Benjamin Franklin's "Join, or Die" rendition of the Gadsden Flag. The little things include a former submariner in his USS Buffalo (SSN-715) ball cap as he gets choked up talking about the decommissioning of the "Buffy". The little things include a Master Chief who had to have a stroke in order to get out of the Navy after a 27-year career because he loved it that much. The little things are those moments sacrificed and those memories made. The little things make up a whole person who serves a whole homeland. The little things gained while serving in the Navy is what I want most in life.

There is more to being a good fit for the Navy than lone patriotism. I am embroidered with skills already implemented in the Navy's Purchasing, Supply and Logistics community. At my current place of employment, I analyze the demand and future needs of supplies. I oversee all shipping, receiving, inspecting, and packaging of equipment. I execute leadership skills to supervise subordinates in the warehouse. I am well-versed in hazardous material handling. Lastly, the industry I work in – electric utilities – has a trend to imitate the operations of the United States Navy; I observe this on a daily basis as we routinely follow procedures and maintain Qual Cards.

The sailors in my life are more than heroes to the civilians they protect and the government they serve. They are examples of how I want to live my life. They are paradigms of what can be achieved in the allotment of little things to create a whole person who loves a whole homeland. I want an allotment of little things to someday share with and inspire others. What better way to utilize my work skills than to join the Navy as a Supply Officer in order to earn those little things that will create my whole and emit my patriotism? I want the same colored thread as the sailors who have sewn their stories into America's fabric. I want to sew that thread into America and have the pride to say that I sacrificed for myself, for the sailors I love, and for the United States Navy.

Volley203

For those who have been selected, have you gotten your orders yet? If yes, when are you heading to OCS? Does anyone know the time period of how quickly they remove you come your command to go to OCS?

For those who have been selected, have you gotten your orders yet? If yes, when are you heading to OCS? Does anyone know the time period of how quickly they remove you come your command to go to OCS?
I still haven’t received my FINSEL yet with the OCS class date on it. I asked my OR and she said that it’s difficult to give a specific time of when we receive them because it changes all the time. She did tell me though that she was confident that I’d be leaving for a class this year, perhaps between August and September. Just suggested I train and condition myself for PT in the meantime.

kevincvk

I wonder what were the stats of selected/non selected for this board.
My application was pushed to the Aug board as my OR said they did not pick a lot for this board and there is more hope for the next one.