• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Board 01 March 2021

NavyFanatic32

How many times have you taken the OAR? If once, I would suggest studying up and taking it again to get a higher score. I took the OAR twice, just see if you can reschedule it if possible.
I took it once. Probably will take again before the next supply board in September . My OR Submitted a OAR waiver as he believes I still may have a slim chance. Not hopeful but we will see. Not sure if anyone has gotten in with an OAR waiver.

exNavyOffRec

I took it once. Probably will take again before the next supply board in September . My OR Submitted a OAR waiver as he believes I still may have a slim chance. Not hopeful but we will see. Not sure if anyone has gotten in with an OAR waiver.
many have been selected with an OAR waiver, it just gets you to the board and carries little weight for boards if at all depending on the designator

criv619

Just received confirmation that I will be joining the 20 June 2021 Class. Reporting on 05 June 2021 for ROM. Anybody know if there is a group chat for this class?

KMCJ8

many have been selected with an OAR waiver, it just gets you to the board and carries little weight for boards if at all depending on the designator
What do you mean by the OAR just gets you to the board? So once you get to the board are they not too focused on the oar?

exNavyOffRec

What do you mean by the OAR just gets you to the board? So once you get to the board are they not too focused on the oar?

correct, they Supply board is one of the few that will look at all aspects of your application unless they do some quick cuts right at the beginning.

exNavyOffRec

What’s some of the major things you’ve seen that the board looks at favorably for supply?

unlike aviation I would say everything, I could give so many examples of people who wouldn't have been picked for aviation or SWO but were picked Supply based on their statements, LOR's, etc.....

of course I did have a person picked Supply who had a 4.0 GPA but nothing else, so there is that lol

Triumph_MAC

unlike aviation I would say everything, I could give so many examples of people who wouldn't have been picked for aviation or SWO but were picked Supply based on their statements, LOR's, etc.....

of course I did have a person picked Supply who had a 4.0 GPA but nothing else, so there is that lol
Haha, do all designators scrutinize TIS pretty heavily? Would you say a PMP cert would weigh heavily with Supply?

exNavyOffRec

Haha, do all designators scrutinize TIS pretty heavily? Would you say a PMP cert would weigh heavily with Supply?
TIS varies with the board and designators, some designators it really didn't matter what TIS was, then a few boards later they are going only with those with little TIS.

Not sure about PMP, but wouldn't hurt for when you eventually get a civilian job.

Triumph_MAC

TIS varies with the board and designators, some designators it really didn't matter what TIS was, then a few boards later they are going only with those with little TIS.

Not sure about PMP, but wouldn't hurt for when you eventually get a civilian job.
I’m afraid my TIS has been hurting me on these boards, with 14 years in they may see it as I’m just looking for retirement. I did address that though in my package. Maybe supply will be more apt to read that statement.