• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SUPPLY AUG 2013 Board

DoubleOswo7

Man this is some serious rumor milling. Just would the like the results in already so I can move forward with next steps.

mustang003

Gromit659 on usnavyocs.com wrote this."The supply board is still trying to find out what they are going to do with the tremendous amount of back logged individuals that have already been selected in prior boards and they are balancing that info with this years FY quotas. He also told me not to expect any board results this time around, and that if you are lucky enough to get selected it will be 1 to 1 1/2 years before you will be going to OCS."
I'm not sure where this will leave everyone who's in for this board wether we need to reapply or what? Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

halfbreed83

THIS CANT BE TRUE! I cant believe they would do this, why hasnt the OR contacted the applicants and tell them they SOL?

Jacobvan01

This was posted on ocs portal.

Well I emailed to get more information and below is what I got.

Not sure who this is but the Supply Board was not cancelled, just move push back it is still going to happen. OCS Boards are a continuous cycle.

v/r

Mr Paul Celestin
Navy Recruiting Command

So I guess this means the board wasn't held on the 26 of August, when it will be held I have no idea. Somebody might want to share that with he air warrior guys.

exNavyOffRec

This was posted on ocs portal.

Well I emailed to get more information and below is what I got.

Not sure who this is but the Supply Board was not cancelled, just move push back it is still going to happen. OCS Boards are a continuous cycle.

v/r

Mr Paul Celestin
Navy Recruiting Command

So I guess this means the board wasn't held on the 26 of August, when it will be held I have no idea. Somebody might want to share that with he air warrior guys.

It makes more sense that they would delay until they get more data on goals, but when there is a delay because of goal concerns that usually results in a board being cancelled, the reason is that selections are usually limited to 50% of next FY's goal if the goal number isn't known, if they are already having concerns that means they might have exceeded that.

RUFiO181 should be able to look at the goal sheet and tell what current selections are.

Jacobvan01

He wrote me back and said results should be out hopefully in 2 weeks, so I guess the board might have been pushed back a few weeks from the original date. Who knows anymore right.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The August Supply Corps Board was never held. Long story short the quotas were miscalculated so before they take any more people they want to make sure the numbers are accurate/correct and no one that was selected is being left out. The next FY 14 Supply Corps should convene...

exNavyOffRec

He wrote me back and said results should be out hopefully in 2 weeks, so I guess the board might have been pushed back a few weeks from the original date. Who knows anymore right.

FYI, people at NRC whose titles beging with Mr. or Ms. and not Chief or LT or CDR are generally the last to know things even though they are in the same building, the Director of OCS accessions generally has contact with the people at NRD's quite frequently.

In some of my conversations with the PM's or the director of OCS accessions things I often heard in reference to the civilian processors at NRC were "I told he/she to send that to me last week", "that is not what they were told to do", "I can read those transcripts just fine, is he/she blind", "that is not the due date, don't they pay attention"

One thing I was told by an NRC processor when checking on an application "XXXX is on vacation, it is in XXXX work queue it will be taken care of when they return next week", me "the deadline is the end of this week", them "they can get the next board", I then called the PM and it was fixed.

DoubleOswo7

Spoke with my OR and his staff. They been doing this 20 years. They said don't sweat what I see on AW's that the board met and is just talking a while. I mean has anyone even heard back ok INTEL? It's all backed up. In the mean time I'm work on that PFT PR. Can't wait to hear... Whenever that is.

Jacobvan01

Yeah I'm not worried about it, everything I hear says it happened, if you look back on the march board for supply it was pushed back 2 weeks and then people waited a month for results. I think we are in the same boat, oh well it's better than a canceled board. I leave on my cruise Monday, so maybe something when I get back, good luck!

exNavyOffRec

Spoke with my OR and his staff. They been doing this 20 years. They said don't sweat what I see on AW's that the board met and is just talking a while. I mean has anyone even heard back ok INTEL? It's all backed up. In the mean time I'm work on that PFT PR. Can't wait to hear... Whenever that is.

When there is a issue with goals I have seen NRC do one of the following, cancel the board (this has happened many times and almost every time processors and OR's said the board was still happening), or if the board was held they have released the list and then had people wait up to 2 years before going to OCS, or again if the board was held they release the list, then immediately after they issue everyone "no quota letters" (a no quota letter means yes you were pro Y but we have no spots, re apply)

The Intel results were released and many people here have been discussing it.