• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Applicants

Gman91

Ideally a degree in business related degree, high GPA, something dealing with leadership, outstanding LOR's from professors/employers and some luck.

I would say you have a shot, but selection rates are low so if your goal is to be an officer you should look at everything you are qualified to apply for.

I have a dual major degree in Business Management and Sports Management with honors of Magna Cum Laude. In addition, at school I had been elected into the business honor society with a 3.83 g.p.a.

I have been working for the same employer for the past 8 years in which I have been a store manager at a local supermarket for the past 6 years since I was 17. I have volunteered at two major events in leadership roles in D.C and Manhattan. In addition, I have done a tremendous amount of charity work for a pediatric cancer foundation as well as local Kiwanis chapter club.

My LORS are as listed:
Store Owner-Employer
Store Manager- recommendation from a 2nd employer that I worked for during school
Prof- Did volunteer work for him at U.S Open Golf at Congressional country club and Tunnels to Tower run in Manhattan
Prof-Former luitenant of Coast Guard
Character reference- Board of director for pediatric cancer foundation and president of Kiwanis Club

Let me know what you think?

exNavyOffRec

I have a dual major degree in Business Management and Sports Management with honors of Magna Cum Laude. In addition, at school I had been elected into the business honor society with a 3.83 g.p.a.

I have been working for the same employer for the past 8 years in which I have been a store manager at a local supermarket for the past 6 years since I was 17. I have volunteered at two major events in leadership roles in D.C and Manhattan. In addition, I have done a tremendous amount of charity work for a pediatric cancer foundation as well as local Kiwanis chapter club.

My LORS are as listed:
Store Owner-Employer
Store Manager- recommendation from a 2nd employer that I worked for during school
Prof- Did volunteer work for him at U.S Open Golf at Congressional country club and Tunnels to Tower run in Manhattan
Prof-Former luitenant of Coast Guard
Character reference- Board of director for pediatric cancer foundation and president of Kiwanis Club

Let me know what you think?

I think you have a good applications and even though Supply is tough to get into you will make it hard for them to say no to you.

BTW you spelled Lieutenant incorrect :)

Gman91

I think you have a good applications and even though Supply is tough to get into you will make it hard for them to say no to you.

BTW you spelled Lieutenant incorrect :)

Thankyou! I am currently awaiting my interview date and will be taking my ASTB within a month. Any recommendations on how to prepare myself for a solid interview? In addition, I am looking to score high on the exam but realistically what is a range to be between with my credentials? Thank you once again

Gman91

Random Question- I spoke to my recruiter about being Bilingual and he told me it would be more benefitial if applying for Intel. Is being fluent in a second language an advantage in applying for supply?

VCipollone

Officer Candidate
Recommend all SUPPO applicants get an interview done with an O5 and above SUPPO to make yourself competitive.!

Mine was with an O-4 but I still got in.

Random Question- I spoke to my recruiter about being Bilingual and he told me it would be more benefitial if applying for Intel. Is being fluent in a second language an advantage in applying for supply?

I don't speak any other languages. I don't think it's much of an issue.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Mine was with an O-4 but I still got in.

I don't speak any other languages. I don't think it's much of an issue.

His point is CDRs and CAPTs in Supply sit boards and Supply is a small community. The odds that a Supply board member will recognize an active duty Supply CDR/CAPT on a LOR or interview appraisal is very high.

As far as language goes I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend he look into this: http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=66263

Meegs

I never interviewed with a supply officer and I was selected in August/October board.
I'm non prior service and have a little proficiency in spanish/french. I don't think that mattered though.
It seemed the LORs and personal statements made the most impact.
This is assuming GPA is above the minimum requirement I think...I could be wrong tho...