• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sundays at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
Will we be able to go to the on-base chapel on Sunday mornings even before we are secured, or do we have to wait until after becoming a secured class?

Thanks!

that sounded like a Marine OCS question to me, and judging by the date of the future OCS, seems like i'll be in that same class, although i thought it started 10 July 05, not 09.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since pineaplehead has BDCP Crypto in his user title, I'd deduce he's going to Navy OCS.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
Since pineaplehead has BDCP Crypto in his user title, I'd deduce he's going to Navy OCS.

Really... it was the fact that it was in the "Navy OCS" forum that gave it away for me.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

:icon_tong

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
liberal arts major, what can i say

not like thread titles have meant much of anything lately anyway...

pineapplehead

BDCP Crypto, OCS - July 9, 2005
Sorry for the confusion - I'm going Navy.

tango_1 - I can forgive you for the wrong gouge, because you give me the respect I deserve as an aggie ;) (okay, that was just a joke and I don't want to start some anti-Aggie wars, so please take it as such).

MADarmstrong - sorry I won't be joining you in your OCS class - we'll be going through hell at about the same time, just different parts of the country

GIJANE

GI JANE
You will have the opportunity to go to the chapel on Sunday! I suggest that you go every week, whether or not you are a church goer. It is a good stress break!!!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
GIJANE said:
You will have the opportunity to go to the chapel on Sunday! I suggest that you go every week, whether or not you are a church goer. It is a good stress break!!!

standing in your stuffy room with no chairs trying to fold your underware 6X6 is a lot more fun than chapel. Or maybe there's the random crap candi-o's need cleaned on saunday mornings, that's a real blast.

wait, that all sucks, GO TO CHURCH!

don't be the prick (we had one) who converts to Buddhism just to get wednesday nights off, you'll not endear yourself to the class. Oh yes, and don't wear your prayer beads to the pistol range when you go to qualify, in fact, don't wear them ever! (yeah, he did that too)

JayManC

yes you will have the option to either go to chapel/hangout in the fellowship hall, or stay in battalion. theres pros and cons to each, what this guy said about the doughnuts is true, the employees get pissed when the actual church goers dont get any cause theyve been swarmed by the candidates. also it will be your only chance to get caffeine and lemonade instead of ZERO-FOUR glasses of water. once i graduate im never drinking water again, or running....

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
In bootcamp, we could pretty much do what we wanted in the barracks if we didn't go to church on Sunday morning. Within reason, we could write letters, talk, not clean, etc. Is it the same at OCS or is there a DI there to hound you if you don't go? I would hate to have to go to church under a false pretense, but I'll be damned if I lose some free time by staying at the barracks.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
jg5343 said:
In bootcamp, we could pretty much do what we wanted in the barracks if we didn't go to church on Sunday morning. Within reason, we could write letters, talk, not clean, etc. Is it the same at OCS or is there a DI there to hound you if you don't go? I would hate to have to go to church under a false pretense, but I'll be damned if I lose some free time by staying at the barracks.

I didn't go to church until after 4th week, because I decided to use that time to prepare for RLP. Sunday is pretty much the only day that the staff isn't there, so you can relax a bit on Sundays. The only DI that's there is the one that has an incoming class, and he'll be busy observing them.

SWOdogJon

Enlightened follower of the SWOness
GO TO CHURCH!
DRINK COFFEE!
EAT DOUGHNUTS!
FALL ASLEEP IN THE PEWS!
READ NEWSPAPERS!
MAKE FUN OF THE CANDIOS WHO THINK THEY ARE BEING COOL TO YOU!

I was glad I did when I was there, because if you don't, you could go crazy (jokes).

MikeGuy

I believe my donut record was eight in one Sunday. They kept bringing them out so I kept packing them down. Ummmmm, donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.