• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Training

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I contacted my area's NROTC unit when I got picked up to see if I could PT with them every once in a while or at least just do Navy-related activities. They told me that for liability reasons thats not possible. You can however go chat with your NROTC folks, usually pretty good guys with good info. Other than that, I second what Otto said, although its a good idea to not get caught doing anything illegal. I hear they frown upon that these days.

Though for the record they can't drug test while you're in BDCP. I thought that was weird.

That's 100% absolutely false. I did a drug test (maybe two?) while in BDCP. If anyone interpreted what I posted above as seriously advising you to do illegal activities, then you're stupid. BDCP is a great deal. Don't fuck it up. BUT I was simply saying to enjoy all the freedoms you are giving up once you start your Navy career. Growing hair and piercing your ears isn't illegal or prohibited in the program.

Lobster

Though for the record they can't drug test while you're in BDCP. I thought that was weird.

Ugh, yeah who ever told you that was extremely wrong...my OR told me that they can drug test you whenever they'd like to...

pmasters

Huh I must've been wrong, could have swore I read that in the contract. Seemed weird so maybe I misread it. Didn't feel like drudging that thing up to double check.

-1 for laziness

Lobster

I just gave it a quick once over and didn't see it in the contract but I know they can and I was told the day I swore in not to be surprised if it happend.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How exactly do you guys figure the Navy "can't" piss test you while you're in BDCP? Maybe they don't, but that's hardly the same thing. If you're on Uncle Sugar's dime, and you signed some papers, they damn sure can make you pee in a cup.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
How exactly do you guys figure the Navy "can't" piss test you while you're in BDCP? Maybe they don't, but that's hardly the same thing. If you're on Uncle Sugar's dime, and you signed some papers, they damn sure can make you pee in a cup.

Well the whole debate is over. They can and DO. I did it twice while in BDCP.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well the whole debate is over. They can and DO. I did it twice while in BDCP.

That is because we ran a tight ship. ;) There is no trusting those ERAU guys in Prescott. Too far from the flagpole, don't ya know?