• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Internships

Status
Not open for further replies.

manny7_99

So nobody up for McDonalds? Oh well, on a serious note, I'll be doing an internship running the campaign for a local congressman.I get training plus a good pay. I know isn't Navy related, I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

zuggerat

im trying to get an internship with telephonics they make nav-com aids for the defense dept. aircraft. if i get it it should be pprrreeettttyyyy damn cool

NuSnake

quit whining about the deal you have. You knew the requirements before you signed up fpr BDCP.(At least you shouldve read all of it) You have to be full time with casses at your University. If you wanna work thats fine, as long as it doesnt hurt your school. Why in the world would you want to do an internship(unless its a paid one, with alot of money involved) anyway? Take the money, get in shape and be ready for OCS. If you deviate from your contract and piss them off bad enough, you could be sitting in Great Lakes at bootcamp before you know it......

CLAM97to99

Some people are required to do an internship in order to graduate. I am required to do 2 of them in order to get my BS degree.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
R_mojo1 said:
See... I already work full time, so basically I'm double dipping <BDCP + my Job$> but I can have my boss write me a letter stating that I will be doing an internship for the company. This will give me a huge break dring the spring, considering that I have been working full time and going full to school for 4 years now.

I guess I'm triple dipping then? BDCP + Internship + Medic on weekends.... And I manage to keep grades up.... :D

If any of you are going into your second or third year of college, you might want to know about this Navy internship. It is through ONR <Office of Naval Research>; it is called Naval Research Engineering Internship Program. This year it is 5500 stipend for 10 weeks. They have locations all over the country, its really nice.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, you guys have it nice. I got into BDCP too late to worry about an internship or anything like that. Not that I'm complaining, the BDCP pay is GREAT. But yeah, make sure you're not getting too busy to make grades and be ready for OCS.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
zuggerat said:
do they also offer non-engineering internships for us non-techincal majors?

My internship series is for engineering and tech students... I know they have other ones, cause I have a friend who is NUPOC that is working for Office of Naval Intel. I wouldn't know where to look for that though. Sorry...

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
VetteMuscle427 said:
I guess I'm triple dipping then? BDCP + Internship + Medic on weekends.... And I manage to keep grades up.... :D
QUOTE]

you bast...d

I guess I forgot to mention that I collect GI Bill as well. = triple dipping ;)

Kycntryboy

pilot
NuSnake said:
If you deviate from your contract and piss them off bad enough, you could be sitting in Great Lakes at bootcamp before you know it......

It making me chilly just thinking about it. :shake_125

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
I thought BDCP can't get GI Bill?

If you are eligible for GI bill you can get your $$$ 1000 / month.

Originally Posted by NuSnake
If you deviate from your contract and piss them off bad enough, you could be sitting in Great Lakes at bootcamp before you know it......

I bet you are scared like a little girl... If you have good GPA and have professional credentials, there is no way they will send you to boot camp. Use common sense.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Kycntryboy said:
It making me chilly just thinking about it. :shake_125

Really it is not that bad there <well, if you aren't in boot>. I was born there and lived there for about 8 years until my father was transferred; the weather is good most of the time, and winters are fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.