• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Cruises

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
NROTCMemTIGER said:
They gave me all the ports and dates of the CVW 5 this summer, I didn't think it would be to wise to post them up here.

I'll give you an above for head work. Or is that a "5?"

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
NROTCMemTIGER said:
They gave me all the ports and dates of the CVW 5 this summer, I didn't think it would be to wise to post them up here. I also was offered Lemoore, but I'll take a aviation afloat cruise anyday.

Take Care,
Steve

There are always oppourtunities to go to the boat, or to crazy locations. Two guys were attached to a squadron that was getting their carrier quals done on the reagan so they went out there, three other guys flew out to vegas in the back of some hornets for a hail and farewell overthere. I was offered to go out with 125 to help out as SDO under instruction, had to turn it down because of prior, boring, arrangements... tear. Have fun at the boat, come back a "Hooker"

WEGL

lowflier03 said:
Unfortunately things have been toned down lately. With the recent happenings, there is a 0100 curfew in effect for all military personnel. Luckily there is still a ton of fun stuff to do.

I believe that curfew went into effect right when we arrived for our cruise, but we were given the "hint hint" by the JO's that no one's gonna be taking muster during the weekend... just make it back by the Monday morning FOD walkdown. So it didn't prevent us from having a good time at all... Roponggi is a weekend trip anyway. ;)

NROTCMemTIGER

yea im looking forward to it, im real interested in forward deployed squadrons. Hopefully, i can get a good view at it. If not, ill just PARTY
Take Care,
Steve

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Good luck to all the mids going out on cruises, remember to approach it with a professional attitude, and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Ask questions and show your interest, but don't be an annoying tool that everyone else hates on cruise.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
So do they conduct those pilot/NFO replenishments underway????
FRS = Fleet Replacement Squadron

Ouch, yeah... listen to the fleet guy, dont know where that came from, guess I was drinking to much gatorade...

kaytr0n

I'm jealous of whoever is going to Atsugi. I lived in Yokosuka for 16 years and loved everything about it.

I'm going to be at Whidbey Island from 24JUL to 15AUG. I don't know if I should be happy/sad that it's only an hour and a half drive from my apartment. I've only been there a few times...what's is like there in the summer? Should I bring my car with me?

IrishNavy05

pilot
Contributor
Bring a car with you to Whidbey. There's only one bar on the island (brown lantern - decent place), so trips to vancouver and seattle make the place tolerable. I was there last summer and it was pretty nice weather the whole time. If you like outdoors stuff you should have fun. They've got kayaking and mountain biking and everything.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will the real FRS please stand up?

HAL Pilot said:
So do they conduct those pilot/NFO replenishments underway????

FRS = Fleet Replacement Squadron

More like Fleet Readiness Squadron (FRS) even though students have been referred to as "Replacements" and many a FRS is still referred to as the "RAG". Just sounds better.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
IrishNavy05 said:
Bring a car with you to Whidbey. There's only one bar on the island (brown lantern - decent place), so trips to vancouver and seattle make the place tolerable. I was there last summer and it was pretty nice weather the whole time. If you like outdoors stuff you should have fun. They've got kayaking and mountain biking and everything.
Unbelievably bad gouge. I wouldn't dissuade you from bringing your own wheels, but the folks in the squadron will hook you up with places to go. FYI, the "Lantern" isn't even on the island and there are several cool places to hang on Whidbey proper. Obviously, since the lad is from the local area, he's familiar with the outlying areas. Try to bond with the JOs in your squadron.

Brett

kaytr0n

lowflier03 said:
Did your buddy get a specific squadron or just CVW5? Either way sounds like he will be joining us for our summer cruise.

what would hsl-51 fall under? i just found out today that i'm headed to atsugi instead of whidbey :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
kaytr0n said:
what would hsl-51 fall under? i just found out today that i'm headed to atsugi instead of whidbey :D

Shore, independent. But I guess there's a chance you could go to the carrier if they send a det out w/ it at some point. Otherwise plan to be on the beach the whole time and an occassional flight, if FLM/NAVRIP doesn't get in the way.