• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Cruises

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
YEEHAW OJT!

Does anybody know what their summer cruise selections look like? I heard (through backwater channels) that I'll be doing a 2/C Surface Nuke cruise on the Reagan, phase 0, anybody else hear anything?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
ugh, hopefully for you it doesnt suck as much as it did when we were there... Although, the nukes were always getting up all hours of the nights running drills and stuff like that- you might like it.
In addition to making friends with the squadron,
make friends with MIDN who have their cars with them if you are in port... make friends with 1/c mids who have extra bunks in their "stateroom" (9 man berthing is more like it)... these things could increase the joys of cruise.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
raptor10 said:
YEEHAW OJT!

Does anybody know what their summer cruise selections look like? I heard (through backwater channels) that I'll be doing a 2/C Surface Nuke cruise on the Reagan, phase 0, anybody else hear anything?
Oh, good. Then it looks like we'll be able to hammer out our differences in person. Pistols at noon (then you get to man the mail buoy watch)! ;)

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
SuWEET! Mail buoy watch? I guess I'll need to grab ten feet of gig line, and find some pneumatic fluid!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since you're doing phase 0 is that why you've found out now? I signed up for SWO nuke (for the carrier) 1st phase, west coast. Except for phase you've gotten the assignment I'm hoping I get!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Anyone here going West Coast CORTRAMID? I should be going 2/C cruise, but I hadn't completed this yet so I was given a choice. San Diego here I come!

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
We are supposed to have a few sets of Mids with us throughout our summer cruise. Two for each phase. Should be a good time. :)

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
HighDimension said:
Anyone here going West Coast CORTRAMID? I should be going 2/C cruise, but I hadn't completed this yet so I was given a choice. San Diego here I come!

San Diego is a good time. My hometown too. Just finishing up OHARP and heading back to FL for preflight. Just try not to get in trouble, or hook up with enlisted and end up marrying them (it happened to someone in my old nrotc unit).

KBayDog

raptor10 said:
SuWEET! Mail buoy watch? I guess I'll need to grab ten feet of gig line, and find some pneumatic fluid!

First you've got get him 100yds of flight line and a box of grid squares :rolleyes: *

"Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."

*KBayDog does not support, encourage, or condone such sophomoric rituals.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
I always loved taking middies on ASW flights with us. Many of them were staring at the bottom of a plastic bag within the first hour.
Those were the days.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
Fezz CB said:
Just try not to get in trouble, or hook up with enlisted and end up marrying them (it happened to someone in my old nrotc unit).

Your NROTC unit too?!! Happened at my unit as well...freakin' pathetic, I think.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
flashypants said:
Your NROTC unit too?!! Happened at my unit as well...freakin' pathetic, I think.

well.. i'll make sure i have a designated thinker.. all the guys back home voted me as most likely to get married without knowing it ( no lie. ) ;p

onedge

pilot
Hell I wish they'd send me on another cruise. I mean between the bodyshots off the stripper, the slip n' slide with dishsoap added, and the bedsheet swing in one of the staterooms. It was a hell of a good time.:eek:

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
onedge said:
Hell I wish they'd send me on another cruise. I mean between the bodyshots off the stripper, the slip n' slide with dishsoap added, and the bedsheet swing in one of the staterooms. It was a hell of a good time.:eek:

Please tell me all summer cruises are like this, 'cause that'd be great.:D