• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer BDCP investments

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Random College thoughts, was locked but this is more specific anyway.

Basically looking at possible summer plan for a AW bar ups. The great duty of a OCSN for the summer is spend your savings on beer and broads, while recovering before the last school year. So, class A travel and military id(which cheaper hotels? maybe on base like p'cola? dono about that). either way the means to make it happen.

I know of some airshows, beach opportunities and a lil place called las vegas, which is spanish for the vegas, i mean the beer and broads*, a whales vagina*

side note: I sit in the library studying for exams, everyone is cracked out on adderall(don't take it can't spell it either), guess AW is my only meds.

redsox06

BDCP SWO
I was a February pro-rec for BDCP. Just waiting on my FS (hopefully any day now). I definitely plan on hitting up Vegas a couple times with that BDCP money (pending my FS).

Semisonic9

First thing I'll probably do is look into getting my private pilot's license.

Other than that...take a cruise, check ahead for cheap vacations, and have some fun. My advice on Vegas is to shop around hardcore and see what deals you can find through the internet, memberships to Costco/AAA, military discounts, etc.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
on the getting your PPL, you can save a ton on instruction, by getting the gliem book for written and the FAA puts out really good cheap books covering, theory of flt, navigation, weather, radio opps and all, if read up atleast a lil will cut time sitting in the run up and more checking off items in your log book.

Have to look into cruises, as what CO is going to constitute having to take leave. Vegas is hurting for money and is almost giving rooms away.

Main point at a function were some other guys twiddling their thumbs as ocsn had a bar up< like airshow, maybe blues at newport. Lord knows i mention Navy or Aviation little alone both together and unless their a girl they dont care, and for a girl just long enough to get them a drink ;)

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
What awesomeness BDCP has allowed me to do... (including this summer)

Buy a Ford F-150, buy a dirtbike (pending), going to visit Chicago, Tampa, a cruise in the Carribean, Denver, Vegas, I drink good beer, it eat great delicious food, and most importantly... I stopped stressing about money, am leaving my civ job on May 8th and have time to focus on school and PT.

Though the money is great, it is just icing on the cake. My ultimate goal is to be a Naval Officer.

Congrats on getting picked up!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
You want a party?, buy a motorcycle and go to Sturgis, SD round the beginning of August. Look for a "lil" place called the Full Throttle or the Buffalo Chip.

It'll be the best week you'll never remember.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
cruise in the Carribean,

Take leave for the cruise? just figure illl hopefuly see plenty outside the US in the fleet. and have extra leave in the bank.

Though the money is great, it is just icing on the cake. My ultimate goal is to be a Naval Officer

The only reason I applied in the first place, bdcp just allowed me to do it now.

sturgis would be crazy, I love my bike, 20 hr ride on a r6 would be prob a good way to make my self sterile, or fly e-2s? navy form of birth control. Might just sit at local airport hanger flying and selling prop wash to the cfi's

flopper

Main point at a function were some other guys twiddling their thumbs as ocsn had a bar up< like airshow, maybe blues at newport. Lord knows i mention Navy or Aviation little alone both together and unless their a girl they dont care, and for a girl just long enough to get them a drink ;)

Is this paragraph written in a new dialect of English?

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
sturgis would be crazy, I love my bike, 20 hr ride on a r6 would be prob a good way to make my self sterile, or fly e-2s? navy form of birth control. Might just sit at local airport hanger flying and selling prop wash to the cfi's

Ah c'mon, most of em trailer it up anyways ;)

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Yep, and if we're promoted I think it's OCPO3, though we're not actually petty officers (obviously). Somewhat confusing.

Incidentally, my BDCP summer will be spent working at a think tank in DC.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Is this paragraph written in a new dialect of English?

that was trying to make a long story short, after studying finance for 8hrs. Should have shift/clicked delete, but w/e someone interpreted what I was saying.

Ah c'mon, most of em trailer it up anyways ;)
True, but against 12mpg on diesel.. i'll just keep the rides local, and that $600+ of diesel for hand gun or ar-15.