• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summary of NFO flight school

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Boat Stuff...
When I went through the Prowler RAG/FRS only a few FRECMO's (Fleet Replacement Electronic Counter Measures Officers....whew) got to go to the boat and ride in the BACK for CQ with some CAT I (READ Nuggets) pilots to get a bunch of Cats and Traps. Most FRS squadrons will not send any Replacement NFO's to the boat for Pilot CQ (They do send intructor NFO's). As far as the FRS is concerned, NFO instructors train Pilots and Pilot instructors train NFO's in the aircraft. Although for CQ, Pilot intructors trained replacement Pilots. Kinda scary to have an even number of anchors in the cockpit....Hope this helps!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

reapergm

Pat - wanted to let you know... Still no NFO slots. Do not want to chance going ground and losing air all together. OSO approved PRK, so I am getting it done and holding out. Come June I will apply NA. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks for all the help in the past!

Todd

At VFA-122, the Super Hornet RAG, Replacement Pilots slated to go to 2-seat squadrons and Replacement WSO's go to the Boat together as a crew.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Glad to see it is still helping people. I'm almost done with the Prowler Rag now if anyone wants any info on that...

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Pat1USMC said:
Glad to see it is still helping people. I'm almost done with the Prowler Rag now if anyone wants any info on that...

Beyond the call of duty, comes to mind. Think many would love to read it; i know i would.

Many thanks.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Once I'm done with the Strike/Fighter syllabus, I'll be glad to give a similar-type summary... primary/int isn't too much different, just no more silly T-34 stuff if you're lucky

cindy

Pat1USMC said:

The summary is such a terrific piece. Thank you so much. I await the RAG summary.

Know you have lots on your plate, but could I impose with a few questions?
Thanks!!! :D

1. Prowler RAG is how long (weeks)?

2. Do RAG-ees form into classes or other similar groups?

3. What determines squadron assignment after graduation? Grades or? Keeping in mind "Service needs".

4. :tongue2_1 Attrite rate in RAG?

5. Out of the ball park but I read the F18G will begin operation in FT2009 (read Sept 2008). Any thoughs on when RAG will go there, e.g., when will they fleet up to the F18G? Know crystal balls are few, but just a guess?

Thanks much.

itoh

Pat or anyone else that knows,

Where is a good place to try and get a house as an SNFO? I understand that all of the Training is in Pcola, but are the hops all done at Whiting w/ the SNAs? and API at NAS Pcola?

I'm looking to buy a house since I should be there for awhile. A timeline and where the training takes place would also be helpful.

S/F

-Itoh

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Ok, as for where you are living as a fo, do NOT live near whiting in Milton. You will do all of your hops out of NASP. What I would do is get a copy of the Gosport, it's the NAS newspaper, they usually have homes for rent/sale. You will have to check them out. As for selection, it's a combination of needs of the Navy versus your grades...If you are no.1, then you get to pick your ride. After that, it's up in the air. I can testify to that. I didn't get my first and am probably not going to get my second choice...that't the way it goes. The important thing to know is that you will love flying no matter what your platform. Good luck you guys.