• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suggestions

Strausser21

I am a freshman in college planing on double majoring in History and Psychology. Are there any suggestions for clubs that i should be joining or events that i should be participating in? I am planing on meeting with a recruiter next week and am hoping to become part of the navy Aviation program.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I am a freshman in college planing on double majoring in History and Psychology. Are there any suggestions for clubs that i should be joining or events that i should be participating in? I am planing on meeting with a recruiter next week and am hoping to become part of the navy Aviation program.

I applaud you for waiting 10+ months to make your first post. One would think you might have read a few first posts to understand how this one will be addressed.

You should join a club that teaches you how to use the search function.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.

The biggest help to your package with be a high GPA and high test score on the ASTB. I would concentrate on that.

As far as clubs or events, anything that would look good to a employer will look good to the navy. They are not vital but they help. I personally didn't have much, but a little community service always helps.

You can search this forum with the SEARCH function. Many of your questions will be answered and have been asked numerous times. You can compare your stats with applicant who are currently applying and those who are selected.

Anything to show leadership, responsibility, dedication, or any other valued quality will be benefitial.

Good Luck and always use the search function before posting. This is not a typical forum, relevent information is stickied and they're real officers on here.

Strausser21

I applaud you for waiting 10+ months to make your first post. One would think you might have read a few first posts to understand how this one will be addressed.

You should join a club that teaches you how to use the search function.

Why would you waste your time and mine by posting a non-answer to my question? My brother, my father and most of my fathers friends were or are Naval Aviators and all suggested that I join this site, gather information and then post my question. I waited the time that I did for my personal reasons that have nothing to do with you. Please do us both a favor and don't respond to the questions that I ask if you have nothing constructive to say.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Why would you waste your time and mine by posting a non-answer to my question? My brother, my father and most of my fathers friends were or are Naval Aviators and all suggested that I join this site, gather information and then post my question. I waited the time that I did for my personal reasons that have nothing to do with you. Please do us both a favor and don't respond to the questions that I ask if you have nothing constructive to say.

Your brother, father, and their friends must not have taught you to look for things yourself, either. There's a reason everyone gets pissed at people who don't search for the answer first: you're lazy and it pisses us off and the question has probably been answered 1000 times. Don't get mad when you get your dick smacked for being a dumbass.

Here's a freebie: definitely don't talk shit to people with those little gold thingies under their usernames...it means we're members of the club you're still trying to get into. We've got advice, and are willing to give it to you if you aren't a douchebag.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

Did they suggest you sign up and present yourself like an arrogant douchebag? Congrats! Mission accomplished.

My father was a banker and most of his friends were or are bankers. They suggested I open an account and start saving. I didn't walk in the door and waste the teller's time by asking questions that are answered by the pamphlets available in the lobby.

Your own post above says "gather information and then post my question." At what point did you plan on gathering information? I guess you just decided to let others do the work for you.

Put the mouse down and go back to the X-Box. Cheat codes are welcome there.

Bevo16

pilot

Wow Boyd. He really told you.

I mean, what were you thinking wasting all that effort posting a non-answer. This kid is related to real naval aviators. Show proper respect.

Well, maybe I am being to tough. I'll bet if he reads between the lines, he will find an answer. Maybe we can draw a picture to make it a little easier on him.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor

If you couldn't tell you're off to a bad start. Thats what that little red dot in your profile box on the side means.

Do some searching and i'm sure you'll find an answer. Another word of advice, don't be asshole and/or a douchebag as Bevo said. You never know who out of everyone here will be an instructor/board member/future boss/etc. Get the picture? You're not as anonymous as you think as so many have found out the hard way.

In answer to your question. Don't try to do things that you think the Navy will like. Get involved with things that are interesting to you and that you can take a leadership role in as well. Get awesome grades, do well on the ASTB, take some leadership roles in stuff, hit on chicks, don't get drunk AND end up doing something stupid (notice I didn't say don't drink), play sports, have the time of your life, and major in something that you can fall back on too. Oh and get a job working in a sorority as a bus boy. You'll thank me later. :)

Generally, piss excellence every waking second of your life. Good luck and try not to do anything else thats stupid or you'll regret later.

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, Boyd. After helping us ignernt souls down here at K-rock, I always thought of you as a real, go-to type of guy. I just can't imagine why you wouldn't go all out for Mr. Motivation. Shoot, I figured you'd probably want to go with him to talk to the recruiter. Mheh.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.

Man, right before you posted this I told you that this is not a typical forum and that there are real officers and aviators here.

I don't even feel bad for you now.

blarged

ready
Strausser21 said:

Man, right before you posted this I told you that this is not a typical forum and that there are real officers and aviators here.

I don't even feel bad for you now.

Afterburner: [heavy/mechanical breathing] Strausser ... I am ... your father ...

E26

My brother, my father and most of my fathers friends were or are Naval Aviators

I can't stop laughing at this. The question that comes to mind is; if you have a family of Naval Aviators, why is it so hard to ask them? :icon_smil

subTidal

I can't stop laughing at this. The question that comes to mind is; if you have a family of Naval Aviators, why is it so hard to ask them? :icon_smil

Maybe he felt he was entitled to instant street cred with that statement.

777flyer

Gentlemen,
It was my son that asked the initial question and I'm the one who should be getting the heat, not him. He asked me what I thought would be a good thing to ask and I told him just to be honest and ask. I didn't know all the protocol for the site and apologize that when I read FlyBoyd's reply I gave him some incredibly bad advice in responding. Just want to make it clear it wasn't his bad attitude, it was my lack of interweb knowledge that got him in all the hot water. My most profound apologies to all who were offended!!

E26

Maybe he felt he was entitled to instant street cred with that statement.

With that logic, I'm going to use that line everywhere I go. I wonder how the ladies like hearing "Hey baby, ever date the son of a Naval Aviator? ;)"

:D