• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suggestions

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Gentlemen,
It was my son that asked the initial question and I'm the one who should be getting the heat, not him. He asked me what I thought would be a good thing to ask and I told him just to be honest and ask. I didn't know all the protocol for the site and apologize that when I read FlyBoyd's reply I gave him some incredibly bad advice in responding. Just want to make it clear it wasn't his bad attitude, it was my lack of interweb knowledge that got him in all the hot water. My most profound apologies to all who were offended!!

777-
Welcome aboard! Book mark this site and please visit again. If the layovers get tiring or you get bored please return and help provide information for potential aviators as well take part in some interesting discussions. I think you will enjoy reading some stories and telling a few lies:) Keep an eye out and you may see someone you know. We have members both (way) older and younger than you.

No need to apologize. I have a son and I understand your desire to help him out but you unknowingly set him up. This forum is run more like a ready room. I think you remember being the new guy. You spent more time listening and you were expected to have some intiative. Unfortunately, here at AW, we get a fair amount of high school wannabes showing up and asking questions that have been asked and answered many times before. Most hot topics are located in a "sticky" thread and the search function can uncover other info as well. We strive to help as many serious potential avaitors as possible and some of these wannabes cloud up the board with useless post. That is why you see my response to your son about actually gathering info and, in typical ready room fashion, I say it in a way he will remember. I'll spare him a response about "daddy showing up" but it is hard to resist. Imagine you running your mouth back in the day and then your father shows up to smooth it over. I think you know the reception you would get. It would probably be funny to everyone but you.

We will be happy to help your son if we can. We only ask that he do a little research and then ask questions. He will understand why after reading a few threads.

If you wish, contact a moderator and see about getting some wings under your name.

Again, welcome aboard.

777flyer

FlyBoyd,
Thanks for the welcome aboard and all the information about the site. I'll take the time to look at all the links, threads, and holy crap whatever other Gen-X terms there are for reading what other people have to say! I'm not exactly sure what I can offer someone just starting the Naval Aviation process but I'm more than willing to listen and offer my two cents and I'm always ready for, "Hey, this is a no shitter!" hour.
As far as :

"I'll spare him a response about "daddy showing up" but it is hard to resist. Imagine you running your mouth back in the day and then your father shows up to smooth it over. I think you know the reception you would get. It would probably be funny to everyone but you."

He asked me not to, but I couldn't throw him under the bus and then stand by and watch the fallout. As I'm sure you know, it's the "dad" thing. And you're right, I wouldn't have thought it was funny but I also realize I wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.
Again, thanks for the welcome and I'll definitely check back in!