• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nate23

Hey everyone! I really appreciate all the advice and responses. Unfortunately, it seems like the best way for me to go is to accept the lot I've been handed in life and make the best of it. I recently found out though that I was down screened from Naval Reactors for the interview, so I need to reapply for an interview chance and write up a personal statement, or just accept swos. I've decided to take my chances with reapplying for 1170 since it doesn't seem like 1390 is on the table for me anymore. Apparently there was quite a big sub draft this year, and sadly with the down screening I'm going to commission without a designator.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone! I really appreciate all the advice and responses. Unfortunately, it seems like the best way for me to go is to accept the lot I've been handed in life and make the best of it. I recently found out though that I was down screened from Naval Reactors for the interview, so I need to reapply for an interview chance and write up a personal statement, or just accept swos. I've decided to take my chances with reapplying for 1170 since it doesn't seem like 1390 is on the table for me anymore. Apparently there was quite a big sub draft this year, and sadly with the down screening I'm going to commission without a designator.
Good luck and I wish you the nest. Thank you for letting us know your decision - since you had SWO on your initial list, why not that?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Would they let you commission into RL instead of URL? Wonder if it’s easier to go intel/supply to aviation vs SWO to aviation given the same circumstances

Roger_Waveoff

pilot
Would they let you commission into RL instead of URL? Wonder if it’s easier to go intel/supply to aviation vs SWO to aviation given the same circumstances
NROTC generally does not entertain the idea of commissioning officers into Restricted Line. The whole program itself is designed to produce warfighters.