• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions aviators ask about SWO knowledges

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Wearing the piss cutter with a dip doesn't overcome making everybody else wear the NWU Type I/Smurf camouflage/"we want to wear camouflage too"/uniform of the Iraqi Police/abomination...

Mulepick

Question: (1a) Do you like being a SWO? (1b) Was SWO your #1/2/3 choice? (2) What, in your opinion, is the best part about being a SWO?

I know stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, but I'm genuinely curious to see if SWOland is filled with only disgruntled souls and what part of the job they actually like.
I've never been on a CV but I would imagine that most aviators form their opinions of SWOs by CV SWOs. This is like me thinking all aviators are like P-3 TACCOs (no offense, my good friend is one). I always drove small boys and loved throwing them around well away of CV ops. Pulling into smaller ports was great. My first choice was SWO as I didn't have the education for Sub and eyes were not 20/20. I never liked riding in the back seat of anything. I've met only one SWO that wore a khaki combo cover after leaving his commissioning source. There are crappy things about the SWO community as we don't have the numbers of senior enlisted support so we do a lot more serious leading and managing in addition to ship driving. I would have loved a career path that separated engineers from drivers and had more warrants and chiefs to manage the divisions.