• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

AULANI

Yea

From experience, how out of shape are they usually? Do they come in just passing the minimum score at home without the stress expecting for that to carry over to the IST, or are they out of shape completely?

My dad said back before he even shipped out to AOCS, they had to pass a physical test.
There are 4 types of people that show up to OCS.

1. People that have prepared themselves physically and are good to go from day one.
  2. People that are physical freaks of nature and just show up and are good to go from day one.
  3. People that think they are in shape because they aren't fat and they just graduated college and they barely pass all the physical evolutions.
  4. People that are fat and out of shape and think that they will just get in shape while at OCS.

Type 3's are living dangerously and may/may not end up in H-class.
Type 4's will definitely end up in H-class.

Don't be Type 3 or 4.

When you get close to graduating you get to meet with the Commander, Naval Service Training Command. Someone in my class asked why they don't screen people (physical fitness-wise) before coming to OCS. His answer was that the Navy would like to do that but risks facing lawsuits if some fat kid dies on the track during a mock-PRT.

MM3Oyler

ENS O
There are 4 types of people that show up to OCS.

1. People that have prepared themselves physically and are good to go from day one.
  2. People that are physical freaks of nature and just show up and are good to go from day one.
  3. People that think they are in shape because they aren't fat and they just graduated college and they barely pass all the physical evolutions.
  4. People that are fat and out of shape and think that they will just get in shape while at OCS.
Type 3's are living dangerously and may/may not end up in H-class.
Type 4's will definitely end up in H-class.

Don't be Type 3 or 4.

When you get close to graduating you get to meet with the Commander, Naval Service Training Command. Someone in my class asked why they don't screen people (physical fitness-wise) before coming to OCS. His answer was that the Navy would like to do that but risks facing lawsuits if some fat kid dies on the track during a mock-PRT.

I'm probably in Type 2 category and was wondering if they have like a competition during OCS? They had Captains Cup in enlisted boot camp where different divisions competed with each other in many activities, running, pull ups, etc., and it was fun and challenging.

AULANI

I'm probably in Type 2 category and was wondering if they have like a competition during OCS? They had Captains Cup in enlisted boot camp where different divisions competed with each other in many activities, running, pull ups, etc., and it was fun and challenging.
Nothing like that at OCS but you can get various awards for being the top of your class physically, academically, or inspection-wise. You could be a real baller and get all three.

Meyerkord

pilot
Not really. You get to wear different colored tape on your nametag during candio phase. You could also be the "PT body" and lead the regiment in doing morning warmup/PT if that's your thing.

AULANI

Also, I put this out there every few months but it gets lost in the back pages. I recommend you not using your real name on these forums. The staff (including the XO) at OCS do lurk in these forums and if you use your real name they'll recognize you when you show up. Sometimes knuckleheads say less-than-savory things on here and then pay the price when they show up at OCS.

quang942003

Hi, i am active duty, in the OCS wrbsite they say you will need to bring your spouse’s ID, marriage certificate and birth certificate, ss card with you to OCS. So if my wife name in my DEERS account, do i need to bring all that papers ? I am going to deployment soon and most likely to get shipped to OCS directly from my ship. I dont think i have change to come back home,pick up papers,then go to OCS, so i dont want to keep all that paperwork with me several months during deployment if i dint really need to.

iangrider7

On the OCS official website, their checklist for "recommended items" includes stamps. Are things like paper and envelopes provided at OCS? Or if we wanted to write letters would we have to bring all our own stationary supplies?

AULANI

Hi, i am active duty, in the OCS wrbsite they say you will need to bring your spouse’s ID, marriage certificate and birth certificate, ss card with you to OCS. So if my wife name in my DEERS account, do i need to bring all that papers ? I am going to deployment soon and most likely to get shipped to OCS directly from my ship. I dont think i have change to come back home,pick up papers,then go to OCS, so i dont want to keep all that paperwork with me several months during deployment if i dint really need to.
If she is already in DEERS than you probably don't need that stuff. Worse case scenario you do need it (for some weird reason) and your spouse can just mail you that stuff and you can fix it later. The admin people at OCS are very helpful.

AULANI

On the OCS official website, their checklist for "recommended items" includes stamps. Are things like paper and envelopes provided at OCS? Or if we wanted to write letters would we have to bring all our own stationary supplies?
Bring stamps... when I went to OCS they provided us with letterhead and envelopes when we checked in.

Suberov

Wanted to share some words of wisdom I got from the fleet processor today. Posting this for searchability on the site since I could not find the answer anywhere.

"Pages 11, 12, 13 of the OCS Application are not required and High School transcripts are not required unless your bachelor degree was obtained from a foreign country. Instead, include transcripts from all colleges attended."

YahtzeeWildcat

Ok read this and many threads... Question is I am a single mom applying to OCS... Trying to plan for my kids when I can talk to them... What types of communication and liberty can I plan for... For them to see me? I have a 4yr old that I'm a little worried about...

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
I'm speaking ignorantly of your specific situation, but I went with some mothers of young children, and same as any other family member, besides the weekly phone calls, some email, and letters, you're not going to see your kids until candio phase (so about 10 weeks). Candios get liberty on the weekends. If their family care plan guardians can bring up you should be able to see them then. Otherwise you'll have to wait until the night before graduation like most people.