• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
It's a few different things. Sitting height is included, but the biggest ones people get DQ'd for seems to be butt-to-knee length or arm length. Too short and you can't reach all the controls. Too long and you could lose a limb if you end up needing to punch out. Again, if you're relatively normal sized you should be alright.

Where can I find the anthro measurements?

stupid q: I wear plastic retainers at night; do I have to get some kind of dental chit or so I just leave them in my locker during the day and clean them at night before bed?

I did some Googlefu and came up with this. seems pretty feasible

"Get up early before lights and take out/clean your retainer, put it away, then get back in the rack for reveille. I didn't have a retainer at recruit training, but when I went to OCS that's what I did.

This. You won't have a problem waking up. Ask your fellow recruits to help you. You are a team, not individuals. "

Meyerkord

pilot
While on OHARP, is it possible to change to a new OHARP location?
Doubtful, but ask your class officer at OCS and they might be able to work something out.

Get up early before lights and take out/clean your retainer, put it away, then get back in the rack for reveille
Decent advice, but you won't have any way of telling time for the first 3 weeks. Unless you're hatchmates with your class president/VP/adj/med, you won't be getting up early. Best advice would be just to take it out when you wake up and throw it in your locker before you post out in the P-way. Then when you get your watch back you can set alarms for however early you want.

Also, don't get back in your rack for reveille. If you're up early, take a minute to tuck in your sheets and then get ready for the wake up call.

AULANI

While on OHARP, is it possible to change to a new OHARP location?
We had a few guys in my class switch once they realized it was a pain in the ass to drive to wherever they were originally supposed to go. You can't jump from place to place just for the hell of it though.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Was anyone ever NPQ'd from aviator or NFO because of eye floaters?
Did you try searching the forums first?

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Did you try searching the forums first?

I did, in fact, and saw that thread already. I wanted information a little newer than 14 years old.