• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks for the info. Sorry my question wasn't meant to be one of ethics but of economics. I'm trying to prioritize payments and choosing between what bills to pay and which to finance, and seeing if I'll be able to pay rent next month if I don't get a final select by then, and then trying to pay off car stuff after OCS.

Will definitely put off driving and try and prioritize my registration though. As far as a license goes however, I was under the impression you don't need to carry it if you're not driving? I have a passport so I do Carry photo ID with me, will that be enough or should I prioritize going to the DMV and ordering a replacement by the time I get my final select? Again i'm not trying to skirt the law, I'm just trying to budget for the necessities.

Just pay the registration and drivers license fee. You are going to need a car/be able to drive a car as a Naval Officer. This isn't NYC/LA where you can get away with public transportation.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. Sorry my question wasn't meant to be one of ethics but of economics. I'm trying to prioritize payments and choosing between what bills to pay and which to finance, and seeing if I'll be able to pay rent next month if I don't get a final select by then, and then trying to pay off car stuff after OCS.

Will definitely put off driving and try and prioritize my registration though. As far as a license goes however, I was under the impression you don't need to carry it if you're not driving? I have a passport so I do Carry photo ID with me, will that be enough or should I prioritize going to the DMV and ordering a replacement by the time I get my final select? Again i'm not trying to skirt the law, I'm just trying to budget for the necessities.

In addition to what has been said, if you let your insurance lapse then when you go to get new insurance you will be high risk, or at least higher risk which means paying more money, and some insurance companies may not insure you until you have 6 months of continuous insurance behind you.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Are there any alternatives to OHARP? I’ve heard of SNAs going to fleet squdrons to work before API and was wondering how I’d be able to do that.