• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Gator Guard

always knife hands
Gotcha. Is there a reason your uniform tab was so high comparative to what others have said? Or am I misunderstanding

The lowest tab of any of my classmates that I ask was $2800. They charged us for everything issued on day 1 which added $500 on top of the uniforms, which I'm including in that $3000 bottom line.

Donald Auld

Ok. I understand that this question is going to seem somewhat pointless, but what type of surface are PFT's done on? Specifically the sit-ups. I had a boil on my tail bone as a teenager that was lanced and has caused my tailbone to become tender fairly easily. All I really need to know is, can I expect a grass like surface or a basketball court? I am preparing for OCS and I have done sit-ups on several different surface types and I have noticed that I am much slower on harder surfaces due to discomfort.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Ok. I understand that this question is going to seem somewhat pointless, but what type of surface are PFT's done on? Specifically the sit-ups. I had a boil on my tail bone as a teenager that was lanced and has caused my tailbone to become tender fairly easily. All I really need to know is, can I expect a grass like surface or a basketball court? I am preparing for OCS and I have done sit-ups on several different surface types and I have noticed that I am much slower on harder surfaces due to discomfort.
If indoors, you'll be on a padded mat. If outdoors, on the football field.

sharkbait1

pilot
Not likely. There are a ton of other expenses such as Candi-o shirts, hi-mom's, class coins, staff-student challenge, and more. I just graduated Friday and I only was up $1600 from my whole time at OCS.

Those last two liberty weekends off base cost me a lot too, because by that point I just didn't care about the bills, we all needed to relax and have fun.

My uniform tab was $3000 and I didn't go for the brooks brothers dress blues.
For the liberty weekends, are you allowed to stay off base? Or do you have to come back at night?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
For the uniform bill, see what kind off promotions are on for the star card. They had one when I was there that was something like 20 or 30% off on your first day using the card. Several of my classmates and I got one and then paid our uniform bill with it that day, and saved hundreds of dollars.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
For the uniform bill, see what kind off promotions are on for the star card. They had one when I was there that was something like 20 or 30% off on your first day using the card. Several of my classmates and I got one and then paid our uniform bill with it that day, and saved hundreds of dollars.

If Star Card is still doing their deal, you get 10% off your first day of purchases, so if you apply for that at OCS, save that silver bullet for purchase day near the end. Otherwise, a card with a 0% intro APR might be good if you can't pay for it all at once. But most don't spend a lot of money while at OCS, so you should have plenty of cash to cover it. Insert your favorite reward card here (unless, again, Star Card will do the 10% off).

gsalg

So first post here, and I've been reading through this a lot I'm planning to apply around January 2017 so I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I did look for my question and found multiple answers so I just want to know whats correct and current. 2 Qs
1 Can you send in your packet before you officially graduate with expectation to graduate within a month or 2?
2 I am hispanic and grow facial hair rather quickly so in OCS I would have to shave everyday. My skin gets very irritated from shaving and I went to the term and he told me to buy an electric shaver and gave me some prescription for the ingrown hairs and what not. my question is are these prescriptioned gels allowed and is the electric razor allowed? Without the razor my neck just becomes completely covered in bumps and irritated skin that hurts.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I'll let someone who has gone through OCS answer #2, but for #1 most NRDs will allow you to submit your package 6 months out from graduation, provided you complete a Degree Completion Plan with your Dean.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I am hispanic and grow facial hair rather quickly so in OCS I would have to shave everyday. My skin gets very irritated from shaving and I went to the term and he told me to buy an electric shaver and gave me some prescription for the ingrown hairs and what not. my question is are these prescriptioned gels allowed and is the electric razor allowed? Without the razor my neck just becomes completely covered in bumps and irritated skin that hurts.

Electric Shavers are allowed, and just tell the docs about it during your medical check-in so they can write something up for the shaving gel. They might be able to refill your prescription too. No big deal. You might be able to get away without telling them if it the container looks like normal shaving gel too, but that just setting you up for one hell of a failure.

john90

So what are the flag conditions for winter OCS? I am part of the 29 Nov class and I'm trying to gauge whether we will ever have a day outside or not. Also any insight on fast cruise and general quarters would be greatly appreciated, these evolution are relatively new to the OCS curriculum. Are they designed to really make people roll? Or are they more toned down than that seeing as these evolutions weren't even a thing for past classes. I've heard fast cruise is the least fun.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
So what are the flag conditions for winter OCS? I am part of the 29 Nov class and I'm trying to gauge whether we will ever have a day outside or not. Also any insight on fast cruise and general quarters would be greatly appreciated, these evolution are relatively new to the OCS curriculum. Are they designed to really make people roll? Or are they more toned down than that seeing as these evolutions weren't even a thing for past classes. I've heard fast cruise is the least fun.

Fast cruise is testing you out to see if you are in the safe physical standards for your time at OCS. General Quarters is something you will have figure out for yourself.

Flag conditions, probably black once it starts snowing.