• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Larick

None
Contributor
Eating by the numbers was gone when I went. You still have to do door entry procedures.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I know this is probably a dumb question but what are those?
Just this thing you have to do every time you enter the chow hall. There's a whole script of things you're supposed to do. Everyone learns it in the first couple weeks, the candios (and then the DI's) teach you. I'm sure there are videos on YouTube from graduating classes who do them on their last day if you're that curious, but there's no need to worry that much about it before you go there.

kjsupply05

Supply Candidate for OCS
Does anyone have any guidance on what OCS is like in the winter? How is it altered based on the weather conditions? Thanks for any insight!

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Does anyone have any guidance on what OCS is like in the winter? How is it altered based on the weather conditions? Thanks for any insight!
PT inside Nimitz Hall instead of on the field.
Minimal marching and outdoor RPT.
Ice picking and snow shoveling duty led by duty section leaders from the south.

kjsupply05

Supply Candidate for OCS
PT inside Nimitz Hall instead of on the field.
Minimal marching and outdoor RPT.
Ice picking and snow shoveling duty led by duty section leaders from the south.

Haha This description made me laugh. Thank you for the insight. I figured that there would be some adjustments... sounds bearable!

haimehhh

A friend of mine who went through OCS November 2013-February 2014 said to expect more indoor PT and that the most they ran was about 3 miles, and even that was built up to over time. Also, it was too windy for them to do the ropes course– he was pretty bummed about that, haha. @kjsupply05

kjsupply05

Supply Candidate for OCS
A friend of mine who went through OCS November 2013-February 2014 said to expect more indoor PT and that the most they ran was about 3 miles, and even that was built up to over time. Also, it was too windy for them to do the ropes course– he was pretty bummed about that, haha. @kjsupply05

Thanks for the note on that man. I figured it may be challenging to run indoors. And that does suck about the ropes course. :-(

Jenlm

I would be devastated if I didn't get to do the ropes course....probably one of the things I am most excited about haha