• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Jenlm

Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe I was told the next CEC board is October 26th. If that's true then I'd have until around the end of September? If so, I'd say I actually have a good shot of making it, since other than my interview on the 18th the only thing I have left to schedule is MEPS, which is conveniently located right near where I live.

Man, it would be great to have this wrapped up before the end of this year. I'll try not to get too excited though.

Don't underestimate how much of a pain/how long MEPS/N3M can take! I spent like 3 months ironing out things with N3M...hopefully that doesn't happen for you but don't be surprised if it takes a lot longer than you expect (as does everything with this application process).

terry

Yeah, I got a look at the FY 2016 board schedule when I met with my recruiter this morning (NavyOffRec was right, 16SEP) and I'm definitely not going to make it. At least I'll have everything ready well ahead of time for the following board.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
I have another dumb question.

Assuming you're a reasonably non shitty person (and I like to think that applies to me) is it difficult to make close friends willing to room with you in Pensacola after ocs? Or is it so hectic that people don't really have time to "bond"?

torpedotor

You are thinking too far ahead, but if you're a non-shitty person, you'll make plenty of friends at OCS. It's a tight bond.

I know some of our class' aviators are living together, and some are even living with aviators from classes one or two ahead or behind us.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
I have another dumb question.

Assuming you're a reasonably non shitty person (and I like to think that applies to me) is it difficult to make close friends willing to room with you in Pensacola after ocs? Or is it so hectic that people don't really have time to "bond"?

We have bonded extremely closely, but it's up to you to put the work in. It's not going to happen if you sit in your room every night by yourself instead of getting out and socializing. Also, don't expect much to happen the first week, but after First Friday people should start to come together quickly.

Dman9191

I just have a question about actually reporting on the Sunday of. I'm gonna be in class 04-16 on Sep 27th and was wondering the best time to report that Sunday morning. I know I definitely don't wanna be the first to show up lol!
Thanks

MGB001

I just have a question about actually reporting on the Sunday of. I'm gonna be in class 04-16 on Sep 27th and was wondering the best time to report that Sunday morning. I know I definitely don't wanna be the first to show up lol!
Thanks

My orders say no later than 0900 the 27th.

speedroller

Rangers
If one gets a cold or gets sick during OCS and is unable to PT, what's the process from there?

Can you bring aftershave products? You know so I can smell nice for the DTs in the morning.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
If one gets a cold or gets sick during OCS and is unable to PT, what's the process from there?

Can you bring aftershave products? You know so I can smell nice for the DTs in the morning.

If you get sick or LLD (limited light duty) your first 3 weeks, chances are you going to get rolled into H-class. If you are sick your first week, 99% they will roll you.

Donald Auld

I've got a few questions about OCS, or rather about getting to OCS. I am contemplating driving with another Selectee and I was hoping someone would know if we would receive a per diem, as well as be paid for mileage? If so, what amounts will the Navy pay for mileage and per diem? Also, do expenses come straight out of the per diem or are we directly reimbursed for expenses like hotel and gas on top of the per diem?

Lastly, I am a Non-prior and I will be married upon entering OCS. Can my wife expect to receive BAH while I am away at OCS?

Thanks in advance for all of your insight!