• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

bluehens15

Did any of you have any non-priors that got their I.D. before OCS? I ask because I am going to visit my fiancée for a week before OCS and she is stationed in Virginia. She said that the gym on base won't let anyone enter without a military I.D. unless they are in uniform.

I don't think we get them until we get there unfortunately. Maybe if you talk to the gym staff about the situation they may let you use it

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
From what I'm reading online, you have to be active duty and entered into DEERS. I don't think we will be active duty or entered into DEERS until we report.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Did any of you have any non-priors that got their I.D. before OCS? I ask because I am going to visit my fiancée for a week before OCS and she is stationed in Virginia. She said that the gym on base won't let anyone enter without a military I.D. unless they are in uniform.

Unless your NUPOC, you're out of luck. You aren't considered active until you check into OCS and won't even get your ID until a couple of weeks in. You aren't eligible to be added into her DEERs unless you tie the knot. Just sign up for a trial pass for a local gym. :D

ClassyGent23

Unless your NUPOC, you're out of luck. You aren't considered active until you check into OCS and won't even get your ID until a couple of weeks in. You aren't eligible to be added into her DEERs unless you tie the knot. Just sign up for a trial pass for a local gym. :D

Yeah... I figured that would be the case. Thanks though!

Joey H

If you can pass the PRT with at least a good, you'll be just fine. The runs we did weren't paced, they were timed for 20-25 minutes. I was also in a winter class, so I don't know the summer PT regimen.
Searching for answers and unable to find them. oR unable to answer them also. I will be attending ocs 8 November 2015. How does it work over thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years break? If we choose to stay what would be our duty?
Thank you in advance.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Searching for answers and unable to find them. oR unable to answer them also. I will be attending ocs 8 November 2015. How does it work over thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years break? If we choose to stay what would be our duty?
Thank you in advance.

You'll have liberty for Thanksgiving. Christmas/New Years, you can take leave. If you stay, you'll be peasants.

terry

When do packages need to be processed by to be considered for an upcoming board? There's one at the end of October and I'm getting somewhat hopeful that I'll make it instead of next year's, but how much time is there left to submit mine? Do I have like 1 week left or until the end of September?

FireFor3ffect

When do packages need to be processed by to be considered for an upcoming board? There's one at the end of October and I'm getting somewhat hopeful that I'll make it instead of next year's, but how much time is there left to submit mine? Do I have like 1 week left or until the end of September?

The board hasn't been officially announced yet so you still have time to submit. You've probably got another solid month to get your package in.

mb1685

When a board is announced, the package submission deadline date is usually announced as well.

terry

Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe I was told the next CEC board is October 26th. If that's true then I'd have until around the end of September? If so, I'd say I actually have a good shot of making it, since other than my interview on the 18th the only thing I have left to schedule is MEPS, which is conveniently located right near where I live.

Man, it would be great to have this wrapped up before the end of this year. I'll try not to get too excited though.

mb1685

Maybe I'm mistaken but I believe I was told the next CEC board is October 26th. If that's true then I'd have until around the end of September? If so, I'd say I actually have a good shot of making it, since other than my interview on the 18th the only thing I have left to schedule is MEPS, which is conveniently located right near where I live.

Man, it would be great to have this wrapped up before the end of this year. I'll try not to get too excited though.

You need to get your MEPS visit scheduled as soon as you can. It's not uncommon for the soonest MEPS date you can get scheduled to be weeks away. And once your MEPS visit is complete, your records still need to be reviewed by N3M in order to get your physically qualified for commissioning letter (which can also take days to weeks).

terry

You need to get your MEPS visit scheduled as soon as you can. It's not uncommon for the soonest MEPS date you can get scheduled to be weeks away. And once your MEPS visit is complete, your records still need to be reviewed by N3M in order to get your physically qualified for commissioning letter (which can also take days to weeks).
I'll get right on that then. I've already submitted all my medical records (luckily not much) and don't think I'll have any issues, but you're right, sooner is definitely better than later.

exNavyOffRec

I'll get right on that then. I've already submitted all my medical records (luckily not much) and don't think I'll have any issues, but you're right, sooner is definitely better than later.

It looks like the application due date for the CEC board is 16Sep given the number of working days between now and then it would be tough to make it, did you already have your CEC interviews?

terry

It looks like the application due date for the CEC board is 16Sep given the number of working days between now and then it would be tough to make it, did you already have your CEC interviews?
No, unfortunately it's scheduled for two weeks from today.

Spring '16 it is then. At least I'll have everything ready ahead of time.