• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

torpedotor

Are we responsible for knowing the Personnel Qualification Standards (PQS) before going through OCS? I received the "Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program - Guide to Success" a few months back. When I first received it, I asked my recruiter about the PQS and he said not to worry about it because they don't do it anymore.

I am set to report to OCS on 06 SEP 15 and just want to make sure I am not screwing myself by not knowing some of the information that needed to be checked off.
Nope. Don't worry about it.

MGB001

For RLP is there a locker that won't be inspected in which we keep our toiletries and anything else that would not be a part of the inspection?

MGB001

One more, I've read to bring your own towels and save the issued ones for RLP. Do the ones we bring also have to be white?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
One more, I've read to bring your own towels and save the issued ones for RLP. Do the ones we bring also have to be white?

Yes to both questions. There is your coffin locker where you can put just about anything in there and it won't get inspected. I highly recommend getting good quality soft towels. The ones they issue are like sand paper, and the ones they sell at the NEX are brittle that can 'destroy' your clothes with lint.

torpedotor

@Dangy is right. DO NOT FORGET TO LOCK YOUR COFFIN LOCKER, THOUGH. Seems simple enough, but somehow people forget...

And yes, bringing your own very, very soft white towels is a good idea. Little luxuries.

I am im AD, every command i go to i end up getting a no shave chit. It gets pretty bad when i shave, under my chin is a here its the worst. If i shave it will look like the bottom of USS Ship... I am not trying to hustle and not Shave. I truly wish i could. Does OCS allow no shave chits like bootcamp?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I am im AD, every command i go to i end up getting a no shave chit. It gets pretty bad when i shave, under my chin is a here its the worst. If i shave it will look like the bottom of USS Ship... I am not trying to hustle and not Shave. I truly wish i could. Does OCS allow no shave chits like bootcamp?

You should be able to. If you notify your candios, they should be able to arrange something with the docs during your medical admin stuff.

torpedotor

Yes, I know a few candidates that received no-shave chits. Wish I could tell you more, but I'd say just ask your Candi-Os about it right away.

ClassyGent23

Did any of you have any non-priors that got their I.D. before OCS? I ask because I am going to visit my fiancée for a week before OCS and she is stationed in Virginia. She said that the gym on base won't let anyone enter without a military I.D. unless they are in uniform.