• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Pwinslow

How important is having a wristwatch?

Should I buy a cheap one off of amazon (Any Recommendations?) or do they come issued to us at OCS?

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
The OCS website says that they are authorized at class team's discretion. It mentions wrist watches in the OCR several times; however, I don't know if they are necessary per se. I've never heard anything about watches being issued at OCS.

VoodooNova

None
How important is having a wristwatch?

Should I buy a cheap one off of amazon (Any Recommendations?) or do they come issued to us at OCS?

They are not issued at OCS, so just buy a cheap $10 one at walmart. When I was there, classes typically got their watches at the 3 week mark. YMMV.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot

torpedotor

I would suggest getting a watch (with an alarm). But you'll survive without one and I don't believe it's mandatory. It will be beneficial to you, though.

bluehens15

Does anyone know the typical timeframe for SWOs to go to either BDOC/Port after OCS? I know you have to go t BDOC within 6 months of commissioning

Edit: I'll be graduating OCS a week before the holidays start if that counts

VoodooNova

None
Does anyone know the typical timeframe for SWOs to go to either BDOC/Port after OCS? I know you have to go t BDOC within 6 months of commissioning

Edit: I'll be graduating OCS a week before the holidays start if that counts

You'll go as soon as spots are available. I went 2 months after commission. I know some people stationed in San Diego who commissioned in May and won't be going to BDOC until October. I wouldn't worry too much, you'll be there within 6 months.

bluehens15

You'll go as soon as spots are available. I went 2 months after commission. I know some people stationed in San Diego who commissioned in May and won't be going to BDOC until October. I wouldn't worry too much, you'll be there within 6 months.
Not worried, more curious then anything lol

Did they go to San Diego right after commissioning?

torpedotor

It'll work out differently for each class depending on graduation date, open slots and start dates of BDOC, and where people are going. In my class, those of us going overseas went straight to BDOC and the SWOs who were staying stateside went straight to their ship and will go to BDOC around January. But, as with everything else, YMMV.

LadyT

Don't know if anyone can answer this, but can we wear contacts during the swimming qualification? I know generally we can only wear glasses, except like right before we graduate.

VoodooNova

None
Don't know if anyone can answer this, but can we wear contacts during the swimming qualification? I know generally we can only wear glasses, except like right before we graduate.

You can't wear contacts for the 3rd class swim qual. Before we started we were told to remove our glasses.

ClassyGent23

Are we responsible for knowing the Personnel Qualification Standards (PQS) before going through OCS? I received the "Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program - Guide to Success" a few months back. When I first received it, I asked my recruiter about the PQS and he said not to worry about it because they don't do it anymore.

I am set to report to OCS on 06 SEP 15 and just want to make sure I am not screwing myself by not knowing some of the information that needed to be checked off.