• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

bluehens15

if its anything like boot. youll line up with a partner across from you. you or your partner does the exercise first, then switch. who ever went first on the first exercise does the second exercise first, then switch. everybody does run together.
So I guess the numbers are just straight honor system? Cuz who would be dumb enough to lie and then get caught

Larick

None
Contributor
Candios with count for you on the IST. It's quicker that way. And yes you have A few minutes in between each excercise. If you fail to meet the minimum you roll out and wait to class up (3 weeks). Be prepared for your numbers to be lower than normal for the IST. Know YOUR numbers for passing.

Larick

None
Contributor
Initial strength test. It's a way to see if you can achieve the minimum physical standards for the military while at OCS.

Larick

None
Contributor
Push ups, curls up, and a 1.5mile run. Your score is broken down by age group. So if you're old as dirt but strong like an Ox you can max everything out no problem haha

Larick

None
Contributor
Theyre not different. It's the same thing. You do multiple PRTs at OCS so they give them different names ( IST, in-PRT, mid-PRT, and out-PRT). The out prt goes on your official military record FYI.

bluehens15

Theyre not different. It's the same thing. You do multiple PRTs at OCS so they give them different names ( IST, in-PRT, mid-PRT, and out-PRT). The out prt goes on your official military record FYI.
Ohh okay gotcha, I was so confused lol thanks for the clarification

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
As of two years ago, a Good was required at one of the PFAs...do they still do that?

I believe a "Satisfactory" is required on the IST, a "Satisfactory" (but also with signs of improvement from the IST) is required on the In-PFA, a "Good" (again, with signs of improvement from the In-PFA) is required on the Mid-PFA, and a "SAT" is required on the Out-PFA. That is from the Officer Candidate Regulation. I'm sure everyone should and will do better than a SAT on the Out-PFA but I guess because it is an "official" Navy PFA, you technically only have to achieve a score that would be passing in the fleet. As mentioned, this is from the OCR; I'm sure someone who has actually gone to OCS could tell us what is really expected.

nf_utvol

Platinum Ensign
Got it. Thanks for the update.

I know that things have changed rather significantly since I was there (I'll refrain from saying for the better or for the worse), and I was wondering if maybe that was one of the changes.

I also hear they finally demolished Old Nimitz!