• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Larick

None
Contributor
Yes, you get liberty during candio phase. I had one on base liberty and one overnight, both starting on a Friday. It varies by start time. Get the indocs squared away first before you're let loose :cool:

MGoBrew11

pilot
Uhhhhh, I hope never.

What would happen? You'd probably get destroyed by the first DI to see tears and then endure the ridicule of your class until you graduate. Then you'd probably be known as the "OC who cried" after graduation. OCS sucks, but I've never heard of crying.

Bluecore

Here's another one: building on my first stupid question regarding the timing of weekly PT: when do they administer the final PT test that counts for your final scores? Do they do it at the normal time that you've been doing PT the entire class, or is it at a different, consistent time when all classes that go through have to do it, etc.?

44magnum

This is a highly stupid question so here I am: how often do people openly cry at OCS and what happens if/when they do?
We had at least 2 cryers in my class. Both of them quit. One just started crying in the middle of drill, and it was weird because that person wasn't even getting yelled at or beat or anything. It just came out of nowhere. The DI took them aside and I never saw that person again. And the sad thing is it was even a prior-enlisted person.

If you can't handle the heat at OCS without crying then you sure as hell can't handle the heat of battle and should not be in the military, especially in a leadership position.

MemphisBell

pilot
We had at least 2 cryers in my class. Both of them quit. One just started crying in the middle of drill, and it was weird because that person wasn't even getting yelled at or beat or anything. It just came out of nowhere. The DI took them aside and I never saw that person again. And the sad thing is it was even a prior-enlisted person.

If you can't handle the heat at OCS without crying then you sure as hell can't handle the heat of battle and should not be in the military, especially in a leadership position.

So I asked this question earlier but no one answered. About how many people are in each OCS class?

PettyOfficerCJ

You never know what's going on though. We felt pretty bad after we found out at bootcamp that a fellow booter who we'd just concluded was a baby actually kept breaking out into crying spells because his new baby had just died. The family didn't know any better and didn't send a Red Cross message, and he found out during a phone call home. He didn't want to say anything because he just tried to tough it out so that he could stay in. You can't keep something like that to yourself though. Eventually he cracked.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
You never know what's going on though. We felt pretty bad after we found out at bootcamp that a fellow booter who we'd just concluded was a baby actually kept breaking out into crying spells because his new baby had just died. The family didn't know any better and didn't send a Red Cross message, and he found out during a phone call home. He didn't want to say anything because he just tried to tough it out so that he could stay in. You can't keep something like that to yourself though. Eventually he cracked.
Damn. I'd DOR on the spot. I actually don't know if or when I'd ever really recover if I lost my son.

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
Damn. I'd DOR on the spot. I actually don't know if or when I'd ever really recover if I lost my son.
dang. I wouldn't have even completed the phone call, I'd be walking out come hell or high water then and there. Poor guy. I hope that, if it was his desire, he was able to complete bootcamp after a period of bereavement. I don't think anyone ever truly recovers from the loss of a child, and especially it being a baby. Godspeed to his little guy.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
That is terrible. It goes to show that everyone has a story to tell. Unfortunately we have a tendency to judge first and sympathize later. I hope that guy is okay.

Switching gears a bit, I haven't found the answer to this question on here: if you are at OCS in November, are you allowed to turn in an absentee ballot for elections? My state allows for ballots by military personnel to be turned in via e-mail but of course you need to have access to the internet to do that. Is this a possibility at OCS? I know that things are pretty strict especially for indocs but I'm hoping they allow you to vote.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
This is one of those special circumstances that probably could have been resolved better had he told his DI what happened.

If you are having problems with your immediate family back home (death, divorce, serious illness like cancer, etc), you need to tell the class team. They will do whatever they can to help you.