• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Wear your PT gear. It will save you time in the morning.
Absolutely...a humongous time saver.

Also, sleep on top of your already made rack so you don't have to make your rack (other than a few quick rack adjustments) in the morning...another humongous time saver.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Absolutely...a humongous time saver.

Also, sleep on top of your already made rack so you don't have to make your rack (other than a few quick rack adjustments) in the morning...another humongous time saver.
Unfortunately doesn't work as well on the new beds, the sheets don't stay in place as easily. I've heard people use bootstraps to keep the sheets wrapped tight around the mattress. I don't know how well that works, I imagine it might rip the sheets. And God help you if they find those bootstraps at RLP.
We also slept on workout mats on the floor the night before RLP, so we didn't mess up our beds.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Unfortunately doesn't work as well on the new beds, the sheets don't stay in place as easily. I've heard people use bootstraps to keep the sheets wrapped tight around the mattress. I don't know how well that works, I imagine it might rip the sheets. And God help you if they find those bootstraps at RLP.
We also slept on workout mats on the floor the night before RLP, so we didn't mess up our beds.
To my knowledge no one was brave enough to use shirt stays or blousing straps to hold their bed together. That said it wasn't a huge deal to just take a ruler to your rack for about 30 seconds every morning. (Just finished OCS, and plan on posting a lot more gouge on here).

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Welcome back, glad to see you posting again man! Can't wait to hear about some of your experiences (and stories) from RI in the winter. ;)

IronDuke

To my knowledge no one was brave enough to use shirt stays or blousing straps to hold their bed together. That said it wasn't a huge deal to just take a ruler to your rack for about 30 seconds every morning. (Just finished OCS, and plan on posting a lot more gouge on here).

Hey, congratulations on finishing OCS. I report next Sunday. Any last minute advice on things you wish you knew before shipping, or items you with you brought?

VoodooNova

None

When I graduated in February, they were getting rid of the red/blue mats everyone slept on before RLP. I can't remember if they were replacing them or if they got rid of mats altogether.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I don't recall a time where we officially use the mats, other than self pt or something to sleep/nap on.

44magnum

Can any recent graduates shed some light on what type of underwear men should bring. I am assuming white, but should they be boxer briefs or tighty whities? Also, should we bring a towel / washcloth?
It 100% doesn't matter what color or type your undies are. Yes, Spiderman briefs are OK. I recommend Hugo Boss boxer briefs in black or grey, because hey, that's what I like. The only consideration is when wearing white uniforms, don't wear anything that will show through. Most people will try to tell you that you need to wear white under your whites, but I wear black and it never shows through. I find if you have any color in your legs then white actually shows through more than any other color. Just don't wear patterns under whites.

You can bring your own white towel and washcloth, but everyone gets a trip to the Nex after your first week and you can buy all that stuff there. Just in case you want to pack light. Don't worry because you will go to the Nex every weekend and can buy whatever you need.

I also recommend buying your own pillow and case at the Nex because who knows what diseases are living inside the OCS pillows. You don't want to get sick at OCS, especially during the first 3-4 weeks. You will get sick, but the longer you can put it off the better.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yes, Spiderman briefs are OK. I recommend Hugo Boss boxer briefs in black or grey, because hey, that's what I like.
There is a DI that has a fondness of Superman and WWE if you think you might score some brownie points. :D
If the DI's see your underwear, you're doing something wrong. It's no longer an inspectable item for RLP.

LET73

I think it's just as well the DIs aren't inspecting underwear anymore (it was definitely an RLP item when I went through).

It's probably been long enough now that I can admit to sneaking in some naps here and there during Candio phase. The key is not getting caught.