• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Novaspike

If you bring skivvies then you don't need to buy any. White briefs is suggested, but it's not required.

It's a good idea to have white ones though because anything other than white will be pretty visable under your whites.

navy2014

Had no idea I was the only guy in the world who's biggest priority at military training isn't finding a way to get out of wearing tighty whities, hahaha.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
Trying to get a straight answer but have gotten conflicting answers. Do I need to get a CAC before OCS. I report to the next class, 20JUL2014, and have been told I will get my orders either this Monday or Tuesday. My OR has told me we will go get a CAC when I get my orders but my processor told me I can't until I report to OCS. Should I get one before I report or do I wait until I report to OCS?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Trying to get a straight answer but have gotten conflicting answers. Do I need to get a CAC before OCS. I report to the next class, 20JUL2014, and have been told I will get my orders either this Monday or Tuesday. My OR has told me we will go get a CAC when I get my orders but my processor told me I can't until I report to OCS. Should I get one before I report or do I wait until I report to OCS?
No, you do not need to. I didn't get one until I checked in to Pensacola.

mike23!

I just completed the eye exam for my flight physical but the eye doc didnt know anything about a waiver for the PRK. I am on an Army base so one of the forms is for an army flight physical eye exam. Is there a specific form that I can print out and bring to them? The Doc told me that my CO would have to be the one to initiate any kind of waiver. Is this true to the Navy standards as well for the flight physical?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
do you learn most of this stuff through the intro powerpoints or do you have to wait for someone to screw up before you find out what you can and cannot do and how to ask for and performing certain tasks?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Your Candios will do their best to get you up to speed during indoc week, but you will also learn through screwing stuff up.

"I? I? I? Are you an individual, Candidate?"

Sonog

pilot
I was an indoc commander. Yelling at indocs while they're eating chow really takes a toll on you. And then watching their DI destroy them all day. It was all like, too soon, ya know?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I'm gonna have a field day once I make it to the dark side

Then I hope you don't end up on indoc staff, and just get one obligatory "PIVOT MY CORNER!"

I never enjoyed being on "the dark side" with candidates, but doing a mock RLP was kind of hilarious.

acrjr718

What happens if your security clearance is denied while at OCS? I don't have anything majorly damning in my past but I do have a couple minor things to be concerned about (e.g. lots of foreign contacts), and from what I was told, obtaining a clearance is certainly not a guarantee (for anyone).

jakejake527

What happens if your security clearance is denied while at OCS? I don't have anything majorly damning in my past but I do have a couple minor things to be concerned about (e.g. lots of foreign contacts), and from what I was told, obtaining a clearance is certainly not a guarantee (for anyone).
I assume they won't let you go to OCS till clearance is complete. I might be wrong

acrjr718

I assume they won't let you go to OCS till clearance is complete. I might be wrong

They seem to be investigating me very thoroughly because Intel was listed as my third choice on my application (even though it's looking increasingly like I'll be going SWO). I imagine it's going to take them a while.