• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Givemeinfo

I survived DCOIC and my regular drilling by buying mens crewneck shirts in small.

I know how hard it is to find a good sports bra. When you find one it is magical. Hopefully you will have the same luck that I had and you can find that same magical bra in white for sale online. In reality no one really sees them because they will be under your PT gear which is opaque. However, I erred on the side of caution, bought white, and didn't have any problems.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep searching for more magical white perfect fitting sports bras, aren't the sleeves of the men's shirts too large? That was my worry, I'm not sure of the fit of the uniforms but the men's sleeves are huge on me.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep searching for more magical white perfect fitting sports bras, aren't the sleeves of the men's shirts too large? That was my worry, I'm not sure of the fit of the uniforms but the men's sleeves are huge on me.
IIRC, the mini NEX will have white shirts for you.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Ok thanks, I was under the impression that we didn't have access to that for a few weeks
Mini NEX is different from the NEX store, the Mini NEX is in the basement of King Hall and is where you'll get all your issued gear. I don't know how early you'll be able to access it though, or if you'll be able to access it earlier than the big NEX for that matter, but you will be issued a bunch of white undershirts on day 1 from the Mini NEX.

Givemeinfo

Mini NEX is different from the NEX store, the Mini NEX is in the basement of King Hall and is where you'll get all your issued gear. I don't know how early you'll be able to access it though, or if you'll be able to access it earlier than the big NEX for that matter, but you will be issued a bunch of white undershirts on day 1 from the Mini NEX.
Ok good to know, thanks

jetullis6

Been there done that
Ribbons does not matter. I had ultra thins when I was there. Anodized metals on the other hand is not authorized. Usually only the Marine Corp allows that. Here's what the uniform reg says: "Plating or polishing medals is prohibited except personnel assigned to Washington Ceremonial Guard." Ref: Uniform Regulations, para 5314
Does any one know if they give out EOT's in OCS from your previous command? My command was not able to get mine to me before I left.

Spookcumber

I was wondering the same thing, but my command said they were just going to email me a copy and get it in my service record in the next week or two to save myself from becoming "a target" within my first few weeks there.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Don't worry about becoming a 'target' over things that are totally out of your control. If anything, you'll get "why didn't you bring this up sooner?" if you have stuff that has to be taken care of (a family issue that pops up and requires a call home, calling parents for medical records needed for a NAMI waiver, whatever). You'll be quite surprised at how reasonable the DIs and chiefs are when it comes to administrative stuff.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I remember someone in our class at OCS getting an award from a previous command. I think we took care of it at the...picnic thing, what was it called? You play dodgeball and stuff with class team when you're candios. But we were outside, and they did "Attention to the award" and read the citation for him. It was pretty informal, no big deal.
The NAM that our Reg-Com got as an OC, however, was a much bigger deal. Commander, NETC came out (or maybe NSTC) and pinned it on his n-dubs since we weren't wearing khakis yet. Whole big to-do.

jetullis6

Been there done that
I remember someone in our class at OCS getting an award from a previous command. I think we took care of it at the...picnic thing, what was it called? You play dodgeball and stuff with class team when you're candios. But we were outside, and they did "Attention to the award" and read the citation for him. It was pretty informal, no big deal.
The NAM that our Reg-Com got as an OC, however, was a much bigger deal. Commander, NETC came out (or maybe NSTC) and pinned it on his n-dubs since we weren't wearing khakis yet. Whole big to-do.
Thanks for the info.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I separated 15 days shy of my second good conduct medal. Since we're in an enlisted status at OCS would I receive the award?
That depends on your previous command; how fast they process it, and how/when/where they forward it. Nothing to worry about, OCS won't bother you about it, and it will find you eventually. The very least of your OCS concerns.;)
BzB

That depends on your previous command; how fast they process it, and how/when/where they forward it. Nothing to worry about, OCS won't bother you about it, and it will find you eventually. The very least of your OCS concerns.;)
BzB

Haha, I'm sure it is and I'm not really sweating it. But when I say "separated 15 days shy" I mean my enlisted contract ended and I separated from the Navy. Just curious.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Does any one know if they give out EOT's in OCS from your previous command? My command was not able to get mine to me before I left.
If your command sends it their than it will be presented to you by your class Officer or Chief. My command didn't send mine so I just picked it up after OCS. There was a guy who received his while we were there. They called us to the killzone and we thought we were about to get an RPT session until they called him front and center and called attention to award.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Haha, I'm sure it is and I'm not really sweating it. But when I say "separated 15 days shy" I mean my enlisted contract ended and I separated from the Navy. Just curious.
It has to be 3 years of uninterrupted service with no NJP or some sort I believe. Did you go into the reserves immediately?