• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

SeaHawk2011

FinSel SWO
Hmm, croaker or someone that's been through recently might be able to better help you, but a good rule of thumb is that it's better to have unnecessary docs than not enough. If it's on your MEPS stuff, I would think that covers you, but that is simply my educated guess as I haven't been there, done that yet.

Sounds good, thanks for the reply.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
I went through a year ago so this info should still be current - with regards to the medical paperwork for Silhouette, you're expected to bring ALL prior medication documentation to OCS. I'm sure if you scroll back through here there will be people who say they can't find some, doctors have discarded it, whatever, but if you have it, you should bring it. I watched Indocs have to call home or their doctor to get information they should have brought with them, and that can get complicated real fast during Med Day.

For SeaHawk on Graduation guests, you are allowed to invite as many people as you want. I think one of our class had like 15 people at Hi-Moms and graduation - the class sizes have shrank considerably since the "good ol-days" so now even with a full compliment of relatives the gym in Newport is never full.

exNavyOffRec

I went through a year ago so this info should still be current - with regards to the medical paperwork for Silhouette, you're expected to bring ALL prior medication documentation to OCS. I'm sure if you scroll back through here there will be people who say they can't find some, doctors have discarded it, whatever, but if you have it, you should bring it. I watched Indocs have to call home or their doctor to get information they should have brought with them, and that can get complicated real fast during Med Day.

For SeaHawk on Graduation guests, you are allowed to invite as many people as you want. I think one of our class had like 15 people at Hi-Moms and graduation - the class sizes have shrank considerably since the "good ol-days" so now even with a full compliment of relatives the gym in Newport is never full.

All medical paperwork is supposed to have been submitted prior to being cleared by N3M, anything that happens afterwards is supposed to be submitted so N3M can verify it isn't an issue, all that paperwork is kept in the candidates medical file at the NRD that is then FEDEX'd to OTC along with the personnel file, showing up with medical documents in hand, or having to call back for medical documents raises red flags, a candidate should not have to do that unless they failed to disclose some information.

Artur

VT-86
Hi All,
hopefully this question will fit in since i wasnt sure: what is the initial commitment for NFOs and SNAs? does that include the training part, or only after you have earned your wings?

Greatly appreciate all your help!

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
All medical paperwork is supposed to have been submitted prior to being cleared by N3M, anything that happens afterwards is supposed to be submitted so N3M can verify it isn't an issue, all that paperwork is kept in the candidates medical file at the NRD that is then FEDEX'd to OTC along with the personnel file, showing up with medical documents in hand, or having to call back for medical documents raises red flags, a candidate should not have to do that unless they failed to disclose some information.

This is all true of course - when I said "bring to OCS" I should have said "brought to MEPS". This raises a good point though - when I went through someone in the chain (MEPS/NRD/Paperwork fairies) lost a critical piece of paperwork. No red flag was raised but I did have to spend two hours on the phone in an office at the Hospital calling doctors I hadn't seen in 9 years to get a copy faxed over. Had I brought copies of what I had originally handed over to the NRD, it would have saved me and the poor administrator who had to watch me some time. Not required, but a good practice.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Hi All,
hopefully this question will fit in since i wasnt sure: what is the initial commitment for NFOs and SNAs? does that include the training part, or only after you have earned your wings?

Greatly appreciate all your help!

After you earn your wings I believe its 8 years for NAs and 6 years for NFOs. Everything pre-wings does NOT count towards your initial commitment.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
So a question about records: I disclosed an issue prior to MEPS, brought a letter from a civilian doctor saying I'm good to go, the condition is dead, and that my story matches my records, and got a waiver for said issue. No one affiliated with the Navy has seen those records other than me. My recruiter just said that I should bring everything with me to OCS, including the letter that went in with my N3M. However, I'm reading here that I shouldn't show up with those. While I wasn't hiding anything, the records do not paint a rosy picture compared to the doc's letter and I don't want to lose my pilot slot. Suggestions?

exNavyOffRec

This is all true of course - when I said "bring to OCS" I should have said "brought to MEPS". This raises a good point though - when I went through someone in the chain (MEPS/NRD/Paperwork fairies) lost a critical piece of paperwork. No red flag was raised but I did have to spend two hours on the phone in an office at the Hospital calling doctors I hadn't seen in 9 years to get a copy faxed over. Had I brought copies of what I had originally handed over to the NRD, it would have saved me and the poor administrator who had to watch me some time. Not required, but a good practice.

That is a rare case, in fact OTC should have called the NRD as we have to keep copies of everything as does MEPS for 2 years, so what you went thru indicates to me that paper never made it to MEPS since if it did both the NRD and MEPS would have had a copy so the person at OTC had you do work you shouldn't have to do and I think I know who it is as there is one person at OTC who has no idea on their job and has actually lost records in her desk.

We did have a case where FEDEX lost a package, OTC called us and a replacement record was on the way there by the end of the day.

In bringing papers it is kind of like showing up with various parts and pieces, I say this because the record is assembled is a specific order (I know you know this) so if a person does show up they have to search the record and see if it is there or not or if it has been cleared.

exNavyOffRec

So a question about records: I disclosed an issue prior to MEPS, brought a letter from a civilian doctor saying I'm good to go, the condition is dead, and that my story matches my records, and got a waiver for said issue. No one affiliated with the Navy has seen those records other than me. My recruiter just said that I should bring everything with me to OCS, including the letter that went in with my N3M. However, I'm reading here that I shouldn't show up with those. While I wasn't hiding anything, the records do not paint a rosy picture compared to the doc's letter and I don't want to lose my pilot slot. Suggestions?

If no one from the Navy has seen those records than the issue is not dead.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If no one from the Navy has seen those records than the issue is not dead.

So do as he says and bring them, contrary to what has been said in the last few posts about this?

Any reason why I'd be told not to bring them to MEPS but to OCS?