• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
While we're on the topic of being where your supposed to be on time... The OCS website says check in time is 0900 Sunday. I could have sworn it used to say "before 1200". Am I right or am I losing it?

Forget what the website says. Follow what your orders say. If your orders say NLT 1200, don't show at 0900. Get some real food in you and make your phone calls to your parents and friends. Then you can go check in so you can stand around and get yelled at and then be hustled to and from everywhere.

Gus Gorilla

That's what I though the direction was. But then again, heaven forbid you be the guy that shows up late. I guess the bottom line is that orders are official documents. The other is a website. Granted it's an associated website but I'm not legally bound by that website.

m26

Contributor
It is 14.

The most current info I have has:
6: OCS XO CDR O'Neal
7: OCS CO CAPT Gray (Had been CAPT McBrearty, I thought)
8: NSTC CO RADL Sharpe
9: NETC CO RADM Kilkenney
10: CNO ADM Roughead
11: SECNAV Hon Mr. Mabus
12: SECDEF Hon Mr. Gates
13: VPOTUS Hon Mr. Biden
14: POTUS Hon Mr. Obama

Anyone have anything different?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
^^ Echo the above. There is no longer a "Leading Class Officer". Memorize the 14 person CoC

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Just the last names. I got murdered for saying the first and last names during RLP. "Sir, the 6th person in this indoctrination candidate's chain of command is: Executive Officer, Officer Training Command Newport, Commander Julie O'......" "REALLY?! WE USE FIRST NAMES? GET ON YOUR FACE STUPID!" Lazers can attest to this.

m26

Contributor
It is either (rank) (surname) or (honorable mr.) (surname), right? What would section leader be? "Indoc/Officer Candidate mtsupilot"?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
It is either (rank) (surname) or (honorable mr.) (surname), right? What would section leader be? "Indoc/Officer Candidate mtsupilot"?

Yes it'd be whatever your current title is at that point. So if you're considered Indocs, then say so and vice versa.

The only first names that you can say are the civilians in the CoC. Everyone before that is title rank surname as you said.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Just the last names. I got murdered for saying the first and last names during RLP. "Sir, the 6th person in this indoctrination candidate's chain of command is: Executive Officer, Officer Training Command Newport, Commander Julie O'......" "REALLY?! WE USE FIRST NAMES? GET ON YOUR FACE STUPID!" Lazers can attest to this.

Yup.

mtsupilot09

"Sir, the first person in this indoctrination (or officer) candidate's chain of command is, Section Leader, Indoctirination (or officer) Candidate (insert last name- yours if you want since you'll be section leader at least twice), United States Naval Reserve." You're gonna jack it up 1000 times anyways, so just PT the hell out of yourself and then you'll be prepared.

mtsupilot09

It's recited according to what branch they're in. Your section leader is Naval Reserve. Once yall graduate, you are active duty Navy. When reciting officers, remember to add "United States Navy" to the end of it. For your DI you gotta add "United States Marine Corps". Pretty easy to remember now, but once they start getting in your face and you haven't eaten or slept in awhile....your memory will fail. But have no fear, you'll have PLENTY of time to memorize all kinds of fun things, including chain of command!

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
It's recited according to what branch they're in. Your section leader is Naval Reserve. Once yall graduate, you are active duty Navy. When reciting officers, remember to add "United States Navy" to the end of it. For your DI you gotta add "United States Marine Corps". Pretty easy to remember now, but once they start getting in your face and you haven't eaten or slept in awhile....your memory will fail. But have no fear, you'll have PLENTY of time to memorize all kinds of fun things, including chain of command!

A few nitpicks:

-It's Navy Reserve, no longer Naval Reserve. That change was made a number of years ago. Let's hope it earned someone a nice FitRep bullet.

-Being a Navy Reservist is not incompatible with serving on active duty.

-Active duty service does not commence upon OCS graduation and commissioning; Officer Candidates are considered on active duty from the moment they begin travel to report to OCS.