• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So, I don't have the packaging for all my socks, briefs, etc. Would gallon freezer bags suffice?

Sure. That and you'll get issued everything you need again (socks, underwear, white tshirts). Wear what you brought and keep the ones you buy for inspections.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
No tear gas. You do, however, get fam training with the 9mm now though. So that's cool.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
I can positively state that you do not get gas training except for when 95% of your class can't digest the food in the chow hall properly. You'll receive familiarization with firefighting equipment, damage control, and the M9.

MidWestEwo

None
Hey everyone. I just graduated from OCS and I am on my way to Pensacola at the end of the week. Even though the program is still transitioning and figuring out what works and what doesn't, I may have a good view of what you will see if you are classing up in the near future.

beaverslayer

pilot
So here's a dumb question that came to mind today. Are candidates allowed to wear compression shorts or spandex or something similar while running? I ask because without Under Armour I tend to chafe pretty badly, and would love to avoid that during OCS.

MidWestEwo

None
So here's a dumb question that came to mind today. Are candidates allowed to wear compression shorts or spandex or something similar while running? I ask because without Under Armour I tend to chafe pretty badly, and would love to avoid that during OCS.

Some people have leg pain and end up going to medical to get a chit that allows them to use compression shorts.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
FWIW, the shorts you'll run in have a liner that might abate chafing. Also, you can rock white boxer briefs should you so desire. I'm a bigger guy and wear compression shorts for chafing, but OCS running wasn't an issue for me with briefs and the PT shorts w/ liner. Also, it's not like you run that much. 2.6mi are the longest runs.

beaverslayer

pilot
Sounds good--the liner might help some, but boxer briefs don't help me out at all. I went for a short run yesterday (~2 miles) and my compression shorts were in the wash, so I used boxer briefs. I ended up chafing pretty badly even in that short amount of time. Yeah... I'm regretting that decision today for sure.

A

AlexSmart

I have been trying to find some definitive gouge on something but haven't been able to find any. My question is there a standard form/format/process for doing an interview for your application process? I understand that prior service applicants are required to submit a certain amount of interviews with Navy officers, and that non-prior applicants can do so if they wish to strengthen their overall package. I am a non-prior applicant and if it is allowed I would like to submit an interview with an O-5 that my father works with.

If any prior service guys on this thread could point me in the right direction for this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!