• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Just an FYI medical Monday is in the heart of the suck of Indoc week so don't expect a good night's sleep before medical. Hopefully that won't adversely mess with your BP and the worst that can happen IS being screamed at (not likely at medical), until you've been through medical that is :)

nynativeviamo

PRT QUESTION:

Hello all, i'm currently enlisted, just finished my degree and am in the process of putting together OCS package. One thing caught my eye and has me worried about the requirements, that is that for enlisted personnel going OCS it says the last two PRT scores must be good-low or better. My last PRT score was a SAT-HIGH and the one before that was a GOOD-LOW, was wondering if this will disqualify me from applying/being accepted or if there is some way i can retake two PRTs in a row or something along those lines to satisfy the whole "last two consecutive PRT scores must be GOOD-LOW or better" thing. Much appreciated.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I hated waking up that morning and not being able to eat anything......but agreed medical is another day that sucks during indoc week.

Just an FYI medical Monday is in the heart of the suck of Indoc week so don't expect a good night's sleep before medical. Hopefully that won't adversely mess with your BP and the worst that can happen IS being screamed at (not likely at medical), until you've been through medical that is :)

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I always hated this answer when I was getting ready to go, but now it makes sense.

What does it matter how long it is? It sucks no matter what. Ours was 3 weeks and OCS is constantly changing so just because mine was 3 weeks and the next class may be 2 weeks, doesn't mean yours will be the same.

Some things, if not all in terms of OCS, you just need experience. Take a deep breathe and embrace the suck ha

SticknRudder

I always make sure I know what I get myself into...don't need to test the waters per se, but I certainly take a good look before I jump in. Seems to have gotten me this far in life, don't think I'll change it up now LoL

GreenLantern330

I'm not sure because I've never been, but from what it looks like in all the more recent (within the past few months to the end of 09) videos of OCS posted on youtube, they get quite a bit of use.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
You wear NWUs during OC phase now that wash khakis and winter blues are gone. Personally, I found them pretty comfortable, but I've never worn wash khakis as a frame of reference. Just make sure you get properly sized on your uniform fitting. I let the nice ladies at the NEX talk me into Large-Long for both blouse and pants. I'm 5'9" and 180lbs. Those things were HUGE on me. I bought a pair of Mediums here in PCola on the off chance I have to wear them. So buy what fits. Oh, and only wear one pair while there. Multiple trips to the rosegarden/SUYA/etc will ruin most of the things you wear during OC phase. Keep the other two in good shape. You can spill ribs/spaghetti/sand/sweat/piss/blood on NWUs and they don't show it. Just wash em 2x/week and you'll be set.

They don't look as sharp as Service Khakis, but much easier to keep up and actually do work. I wish we could wear the desert style, but that will never happen unless I wind up in Azzcrackastan.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You wear NWUs during OC phase now that wash khakis and winter blues are gone. Personally, I found them pretty comfortable, but I've never worn wash khakis as a frame of reference. Just make sure you get properly sized on your uniform fitting. I let the nice ladies at the NEX talk me into Large-Long for both blouse and pants. I'm 5'9" and 180lbs. Those things were HUGE on me. I bought a pair of Mediums here in PCola on the off chance I have to wear them. So buy what fits. Oh, and only wear one pair while there. Multiple trips to the rosegarden/SUYA/etc will ruin most of the things you wear during OC phase. Keep the other two in good shape. You can spill ribs/spaghetti/sand/sweat/piss/blood on NWUs and they don't show it. Just wash em 2x/week and you'll be set.

They don't look as sharp as Service Khakis, but much easier to keep up and actually do work. I wish we could wear the desert style, but that will never happen unless I wind up in Azzcrackastan.

I will never buy a pair of NWU's until I am forced to. Even with wings I will feel like an aviator in SWO disguise.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Winter Blues are this monstrosity. And they are done at the end of this year, along with Wash Khakis and (sniff) Aviation Working Greens.

And NWUs are a replacement for a bunch of previous working uniforms, Enlisted and Officer. For the e-dogs, I can see it's a huge improvement over dungarees. Ditto for SWOs, I'm sure it's nice on a ship. If your in aviation though, doubtful you'll need it anytime soon. Bags or Service Khakis seem to be the order of the day, thank god.