• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
The "OCS hack." You will get sick at OCS. You may even get sick multiple times. You may be sick well after OCS.

Mark Guadagnini

Attack pilot - drop 'em anywhere!
pilot
Contributor
There are no drawbacks to being part of Naval Aviation. You are getting ready to undertake duties that serve a country that is worthy of service, working with people who are the best in the world, doing a job that 99.7% of the rest of Americans want to do (the others are stars in "blue" movies), a job in which you will see every part of the USA and bunches of foreign lands.

The requirements: courage, discipline, the willingness to work hard, integrity, a desire to always accomplish the mission, and the ability to flexibly adapt your flying to the situation that presents itself.

I've been in this business for 29 years - the people, the fulfillment, and the excitement of Naval Aviation have been the things that made me stay.

at altitude, guad

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been in this business for 29 years - the people, the fulfillment, and the excitement of Naval Aviation have been the things that made me stay.

at altitude, guad

It is simply a marvelous experience all things said and considered. I haven't met too many people who weren't ready to turn in their shoulder boards and trade wallets to start all over again.

nugget81

pilot
The "OCS hack." You will get sick at OCS. You may even get sick multiple times. You may be sick well after OCS.

Very true. I was med-down for 3 weeks after OCS with pneumonia after I had fought off some nasty bronchitis during OCS. Being sick at/after OCS was my only drawback, otherwise I agree with the Admiral wholeheartedly.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I couldn't agree more with Guad. I've been in nearly 12 years, I'm on my 3rd straight sea tour (9 month break after the 1st for a second FRS) & 1/2 way through my 6th deployment in 7 years. I expect to finish this set of orders with >3,000 Navy flight hours. I miss the heck out of my family and really want to be at home with them, but that's the cost of getting to be in this business. I still love my job and I love going to work everyday. I've been around the entire world on an Aircraft Carrier and flown to places I never thought I would ever go. This has been the greatest adventure I could dream of and I can't wait to see what's next (hopefully a shore tour :) ).

My career path isn't typical, but I am far from the only guy who's been on this track. That's what happens when your original platform is retired...

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
New Stupid Question

My search-fu is failing me today, but this is the stupid question thread, so..

My DEP guide is telling me to bring white briefs only to OCS, the OCS website is saying white briefs (boxer brief, boxer). My preference falls between those parentheses, so this is a small concern for me.

I imagine for inspections there's issued stuff to wear, but outside of that, do they really care what sort of support you crave?

blarged

ready
My search-fu is failing me today, but this is the stupid question thread, so..

My DEP guide is telling me to bring white briefs only to OCS, the OCS website is saying white briefs (boxer brief, boxer). My preference falls between those parentheses, so this is a small concern for me.

I imagine for inspections there's issued stuff to wear, but outside of that, do they really care what sort of support you crave?

**Confused, concerned and potentially disgusted look on face**

What exactly falls between briefs and boxer briefs?

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
No banana hammocks. Sorry, Zach.

But, but how will I make spending money?

What exactly falls between briefs and boxer briefs?

I meant my preferences fall between the parentheses (Boxers,Boxer Briefs) As in, one of those two. I just don't want Pill to have the knowledge of exactly which.

blarged

ready
Boxers ... briefs ... boxer briefs ... trunk briefs ... banana hammocks ...

This is all very confusing ... I think it is fairly clear we need a sticky for what *ehem* undies to bring to OCS.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor

This is all very confusing ... I think it is fairly clear we need a sticky for what *ehem* undies to bring to OCS.

I'm gonna go ahead out on a limb and say that you probably shouldn't bring banana hammocks to OCS.

On second thought, do it. It'll be funny for the rest of us when the DI's find out and catch it. :D

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor

Don't you have an engagement to be planning? Won't spending so much time thinking about my underwear situation detract from that? Not that I'm not flattered, but priorities man.